POLL- Who Conspired To Murder Lindsay Buziak?

92 responses to “POLL- Who Conspired To Murder Lindsay Buziak?

1. Jeans says:

I think it was related to the drug bust somehow. But how did the killers find out who Lindsay’s former client was and that they were out of town? That seems like a lot of trouble to go to. Why not just respond to one of her listings? The only reason I can think that they said they were looking for a high end home is to assure that she would be at the showing and not send someone else if she had a conflict. And how did the killers know the former client couldn’t be reached by Lindsay just because they were out of town. People certainly had cell phones in 2008 or she could have reached them by email and they might have responded right away.

2. Robbie says:

So I heard about this case a year ago and one thing I am curious about is the “mexicans” said they got Lindsay’s name from a previous client of her’s and that Lindsay called them but they were out of town. Did the police ever call these people and ask them if they referred anyone to Lindsay and if so who? I’m thinking that this was an inside job and someone associated with her real estate office was involved.

3. Cody says:

Jeff have you ever thought about going to Long Island medium ? Talking to theresa caputo? Maybe she can talk to Lindsey?

4. Birdman says:

I have been actively following and researching this case for a few years now, and to me there is only one solution. Lindsay became privy to some of the shady operations that SZ was involved in and SZ paid some contacts she had very handsomely to take her out. Lindsay likely told JZ what she knew/saw, and he in turn told his mom. She instructed her contacts to make the murder as brutal as possible because she had grown to strongly dislike Lindsay and her empire was threatened. When combining those factors, a horrific demise (and a message to the underworld not to mess with her) was in order. JZ was not the mastermind, his mom was, but he was forced to go along with it even though he didnt want to. I also believe the SPD know all of this, but dont have enough forensic evidence to make an arrest. They are withholding information from the public and from Jeff as a tactic, so they can identify any of the parties involved if they share information that nobody else would know. I was dating a girl who’s father was a prominent RCMP officer in Saanichton shortly after this all went down, and he made a passing comment one time that alluded to the fact that law enforcement knew who was behind it, but they didn’t have sufficient evidence to make an arrest yet. I dont think there is a police conspiracy of any sort, it was just a well thought out crime that was instigated by a clever individual that had their bases covered. Basically the entire world knows who did it, there just isn’t iron clad proof to bring them to justice. Yet.

5. Thomas says:

I’ve heard from a number of people that Sgt. Chris Horsley from Saanich Police has been a long time user of cocaine during his policing career. I wonder if he would pass a their own CVSA if it was run by the OPCC?

6. Lobo says:

The police need to do their job. 11 yrs is way too long to solve it. The cases that take 20 or 30 yrs to solve are a joke.
    Why people kill 3 reasons money, love or drugs. She said she saw something perhaps she saw a murder, a crime or drug deal. The woman who was part of it needs to do the right thing you know what you need to do stop being a coward. The truth will set you free but first it will make you miserable.

7. Chris Horsley…. Cop by day, Club owner by night riding around on his Harley. I no longer live in Victo, but I did. The cocaine scene is huge. Most restaurant and club owners are involved. I had an ex that worked in the industry and although a couple years older than Lindsey, had mutual friends. Circa 2001…. I knew of Chris Horsley’s involvement in the club life. He always made quite the scene when he arrived on his bike. Many rumours of him being dirty. At the least, he had a conflict of interest between being a club owner ( partial/ silent / Or half partner- I dont know ) and being a detective.I believe he owned a club in Bastion Square area. Considering that everyone is connected in Victoria… I would take a closer look at him and his connections. Just sayin….

• Lindsay'sLightStillShines says:

I honestly got the intuitive message while watching and listening to this case that it is NOT solved 11 yrs later now bc of him.
      He doesn’t strike me as being very intelligent. He seems fairly simple minded and gullible. What did it for me were 2 points that come to mind
      1. He said Jason is no longer a person of interest bc he withstood extensive interviews AND passed a lie detector test. Sooo “BIG Whoop” That let me know right there that HE was not aware that Psychopaths can pass those w/ flying colors bc they are EMPTY, COLD, MANIPULATIVE, ARROGANT ENTITIES. No sign of distress would show up on a test like that bc there would be none, hence why Jason “passed” NOT bc of his innocence imo.
      The 2nd thing was that just bc Jason had an “alibi”,was seen on camera, had text messages and gave a replay of HIS accounts of how he entered the house and where he went once inside…matched the timeline doesn’t mean shit. Of course HIS STORY ADDS UP bc that is what HE PLANNED, for it to make sense to someone who really isn’t that intelligent to see between the lines, past his BS storyline.

8. Candace Ward says:

I learned about this case several years ago by watching Dateline and it always stayed with me. Such a lovely women and such a horrendous crime. I am new to this website but have a few questions:
    1. How would the murderers know the name of a previous client;
    2. When Jason knew of Lindsay’s concerns about meeting the “mexicans” why was he running unnecessary errands;
    3. I had read that the female “Mexican” called Lindsay to assuage her fear about meeting them alone and said her “husband” would not be coming, only her. Is this true and if so how would the murderer know of Lindsay’s concern?
    4. I also understand that Jason encouraged her to go when she was thinking about backing out. Is this true?

There are so many suspicious elements to this mystery; I think if it were drug related that someone would have talked.

I will continue reading this website but I pray that someone comes forward with an answer.

Candace Ward
    Atlanta, GA

• Lindsay'sLightStillShines says:

Great questions!!! I thought Jason was suppose to actually BE WITH HER during the showing bc she was nervous. Ironically just like Judas in the Bible he had his last supper w/ Lindsay knowing damn good and well it would be her last.
      HE is the main player here.
      Everything revolves around him in this case just like how he wanted it to 11 yrs ago.
      I would also like to know why he parked past the house and waited 20 mins? after seeing the couple go back inside and close the door?
      Also I thought he came alone to meet up w/ Lindsay (late-after he knew she would be dead ofcourse)
      Next thing you know on the show they say that he said the front door was locked but that his friend happened to see a back door left open??
      1. It’s a fenced in property how could he see that? And 2. I thought he came alone? Why was his friend w/ him? When did he show up? Did they ride together?? So many discrepancies.

9. Sue says:

Matt-Ex boyfriend’s wife

10. Brad says:

Shirley Zailo – something about her looks, behaviour and ‘acquaintances’ raises the hair on the back of my neck.

Strangest, creepiest thing for me is the Nikki phone call at night – if Nikki is telling the truth (and I really see no reason for her to make it up), why would Shirley call her that late at night AND with a fake accent ?
    Nikki then calls the number back, and it takes 20-30 calls for Shirley to pick up ?
    Why did Shirley avoid that many callbacks ? Possibly hoping Nikki would just give up and go away ?
    And why on Earth would Shirley have to call anyone that late at night ? She couldn’t wait until the morning ?

Something is very bizarre about that scenario – I’m assuming the police checked out Nikkis’ story fully ?

11. Pete says:

Is there a way to know who searched that specific property after she set up the meeting at that particular house. No doubt someone of guilt, whether the killers or the person who hired them, searched that property online to see if it would suit their needs. Did they ever look at the computer of the boyfriend and his recent searches? Has to be a mistake somewhere. Thoughts and prayers to the family. I could never imagine such grief.

• KD says:

Good call. that would narrow it down a lot, but probably too late for investigators to check if they havent already as as they probably all have new computers. Im wondering What did Lindsay’s former clients say when questioned? Who all did they say they told that they were going out of town??? That is the trail to follow. Obviously the killer knew they were out of town….. My other question is, did they ever do a lie detector test on Shirley?

• Robert says:

The planning of this murder was extensive, to the point that someone involved anticipated that Lindsay might ask the “Mexicans” who referred them to her. In anticipation of this possible question, the murderers found a former client of Lindsay’s who they knew would not answer his or her phone when called about it. This would have required research and/or personal knowledge of the client’s habits and lifestyle (such as a client who was snowbird during the winter when the murder took place). Was this client ever identified?

• M.J. G. says:

THAT HOUSE!!!!!
          Wondering about the previous clean-up of the empty house in which Lindsay Buziak was killed in:
          SOME THOUGHTS:
          When did the prior clean-up of the house occur?
          Was this house visited by the Zailos family prior to the murder?
          Did anyone, in the immediate neighbourhood, see the Zailos visiting this house prior to the murder?
          Which Real-Estate had the listing of this house?
          Who was the principal agent assigned to this house?
          How long was this house on the market?
          Did the owner of this house personally contact the Zailos prior to the murder?
          Did a carnival of agents visitation take place upon the immediate listing?
          NOW, IF, this house was thoroughly cleaned-up within the same week of the murder and BEFORE Lindsey got that famous phone call from this bogus client……it is, quite clear, that all DNA and PRINTS were destroyed of all possible connection to Lindsey’s entourage!
          It seems that this house was the MAIN KEY for the killing plan….very convenient for all the participant players!
          Everything and everyone around it connects perfectly…the perfect crime, they say……until one rats out the other. What goes around….comes around, and this is what the police is waiting for….maybe because their hands are tied by someone who has important dies on them which could bring ALOT of people down! SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN……!

12. Jason and Mommy Dearest are involved. Until exploring the issue more thoroughly I did not realize why Jason was tagging along and texting. Instead of being her protector he sheepishly pulls out of the driveway upon arriving so as not to appear to be a “pesky boyfriend”. Then of course you have his lying mother telling falsehoods about the victims previous boyfriend. The last time I heard the excuse by Jason used to explain his flat emotions it was Scott Peterson invoking the same lame BS.

13. Michelle says:

Somehow Im leaning Shirley Z had something to do with it. I just saw on Dateline. Her afect was strange and why would Lindsay talk to her about her ex boyfriend? Ive read some things and reasearched some… I really think it is very possible she had cash stashed somewhere to make an off the record payment.

• denyjean says:

I agree. They know when the Mexicans bought their cell phone. Look at Shirley’s phone records from that time BACK two months. CHECK every number. She would know a client name to give for a reference……. a mother that doesn’t want anyone “replacing her”? Did her son confide that Lindsay was still in love with her ex and the mom was
      mad that Lindsay was “hurting her son”? This murder was personal.
      My heart aches for this beautiful young lady’s family ❤️

14. yetty says:

My heart reaches out to her family and I pray that God will bring light to shine on this whole issue for closure.

15. Lisa says:

Also, I did see another Dateline episode about a young woman who met another young woman on a train. They became friends. The one girl eventually found out she and the supposedly best friend she loved like a brother stole money from her. They forged a check. The one girl who confronted them regarding stealing from her ended up missing. They eventually found her body a few miles away. They had four of the best detectives on the case. They started by searching the missing girls place where she lived. They need to search where her boyfriend and ex boyfriend live. Although it is quite a few years later. The family needs to contact those four detectives that were on that episode. I think they were former police officers. That episode isn’t that old. These detectives were awesome.

16. Lisa says:

Did they check the boyfriends cell phone records? Or if he had another phone? Usually the real estate management knows she is showing a home too.

17. K says:

I think Shirley planned it with Jason. Then Shirley got her druggy tenants to do the dirty work.

18. Emily says:

This is the second time that I have watched this episode on Dateline. I personally believe that it was done by professionals. I do not happen to believe that Jason had anything to do with it. It is possible that his mother did. I also do not believe that Matt did this. This is a very complex case and has always had me stunned since I first seen the episode on Dateline. I also believe that it could have been people who did not know her at all. Although, I believe the crime seemed personal. There are stil so many unanswered questions to make a real conclusion on who committed this awful crime. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

19. Jeff Buziak says:

PEOPLE, PLEASE POST ON THE MAIN COMMENTS SECTION UNDER THE COMMENTS BUTTON ON THE MAIN PAGE IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND BE HEARD BY THE WIDEST AUDIENCE.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
    THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE CLEARLY STATED ON THE MAIN PAGE ON HOW TO GO TO THE MAIN COMMENTS PAGE.

20. John Cantelon says:

If the Zailos arranged the hit, they would have had to pay a significant amount of cash to the killer(s). I assume the police followed this route and found nothing. I don’t know what J and S’s drug involvement is, but they could have had a large amount of cash hidden somewhere that could have been used as a payoff, if in fact they are drug dealers, and wanted poor Lindsay killed.
    The police can not bring charges on a hunch that things just don’t add up. They have to have solid evidence or the case would be thrown out and that would be the end of it.

• Islandboy says:

I believe it was SZ who killed Lindsay. You can’t hire anyone to do what was done to Lindsay. A hit man does it fast and simple. That was highly personal. That couple were there to lure Lindsay in. SZ was waiting. She went in after contruction guys left. They went out the back like they planned all along. I’m not sure what happened after that but they did not go to far because SZ came back to check on JZ. Witnesses saw her and she has admitted to being at the crime scene. They have piles of drug money at their disposal, drug dealers with real estate licences usually do. She’s a nasty old bat.

21. John Cantelon says:

The clients of Lindsay who supposedly gave “the Mexicans” Lindsay’s personal cell phone number – was this ever tracked down?

• Shelby says:

I have been wondering about this. Who was this client? Surely the SPD interviewed this person extensively? Why have we never heard anything about this?

22. Dawn says:

Please take a look into the boy friend’s mom. If I was working for my boy friend’s mom, why would I ever talk about my ex-boyfriend. I think she is lying. This sounds all to staged. Lindsay is telling loved ones she is going to breakup with Jason.

23. Richard says:

The police ruled Jason out on a pocket dial and an inadmissible lie detector test. When they rethink these two events they will arrest Jason Zailo.

24. Darlene says:

I would want to know how much that house sold for after Lindsay was murdered in it AND who bought it AND who sold the house!

25. Patti says:

This tragic murder was well orchestrated; something someone who does a lot planning/staging would do. The woman knew Lindsay.

26. DoxyLady says:

Jason is absolutely involved. Or the world’s biggest schmuck. He knew she was fearful of the appt. Why would he not be on time and, if late, why sit outside and not run to check on her. People just don’t do stuff like this to a partner.

• Patti says:

I agree! If I was worried (as Lindsay was) and my boyfriend knew that (as Jason did) –, my boyfriend would NOT sit outside, waiting… for ??? Interesting that on that same day, he coerced his colleague to go to lunch with him then had him come with him to that house (unknown to the colleague until they were driving to the house) I have been listening to Casefile podcast Case 28. Poor girl! Poor Dad! I feel for them.

• Carol says:

I agree. I was a realtor and had an eerie feeling twice in my 14 year career. One time I took my husband with me to the appointment at a vacant house (the seller kept asking why he was with me and i said he was my partner and helped measure). Another time I had another realtor join me for the appointment to discuss which houses we would view. The purchaser kept picking vacant homes. When the other realtor gave the purchaser his card he said he didn’t want that and was only dealing with me. I said we go together on all appointments and he walked out and never came back. Thinking back I should have reported these people to the police.

I also think Jason’s mother had something to do with it because she was mentoring Lindsay to take over the business and then heard Lindsay was planning to dump her son.

• Jane says:

I agree. I had the feeling she was involved. Maybe a jealousy thing or maybe Lindsay knew something. I hope the police look deeper into this.

He is involved totally. His mother was the mastermind and possibly the murderer. I wonder where SZ was at 5:30 Feb 2,2008. Inside the house on DeSousa I bet waiting to murder poor Lindsay. I don’t think the SPD are very bright. Shame we have to put faith in substandard policework.

27. Jo-Anne says:

I’m having a problem swallowing the timeline here so maybe someone can help me out. It was settled the last text her phone got was 5:38 and the murder took place between 5:38 and 5:41. So question 1. Did anyone else besides Jayson and his sidekick see the couple leave? Question 2. Did they not examine both Lindsay’s and Jason’s phones? He claims to have sent an are you alright text after that was not received on her phone? Did it show on his that he had infact sent this alleged text. If now why lie about it? Red flag number two! . Question 3. If RCMP could access the burner cell pings, did they also access any other numbers it called after activation leading up to the murder? Question 4. The news report states with a wrong time of 911 call being key, dateline says Jason made 2 calls, so why would Jason make the first call annonomus when it’s his girlfriend would he not have stated why? Instead of just wanting someone to check out a house? Huge red flag. Question 5. If Jason was as worried as led to believe why would he not just go into the house with sidekick when seeing a Man exit? Why wait in the car for an additional 20 minutes? Question #6 has anyone actually done the drive from where he was to the house? Did it take them 15 minutes to do the drive or less? Could he have actually been there sent the text murder her, change his cloths then make his apparent first 6:05 call to 911?. Did they search his vehicle and dumpsters close to the location? Question # 7. Did they not swab all areas for DNA and prints? I haven’t heard of a murder yet were some amount of DNA was left behind? A stabbing is a very violent way to be murdered. I can’t access the actual stabbing news releases so I don’t have that info. So many questions, did she have life insurance, if so who was the benifactor ?

As far as the comment goes, no woman would be jumping a fence in that dress with out having it hiked up to her hips to get her leg over. Especially if it took a grown man to boost another up and over it.

This whole thing reeks of Jason, I’m sorry to say. Logically anyway with the info available. With Jason’s drug buddies on the mainland it would be pretty easy for one of them to pick up a burner on the mainland and activate it. Which brings me to, did any of his mainland buddies arrive on the island the day prior or the day of Lindsay’s murder?.

The online confession was a very illiterate person, however have the done an ip search, everything out there has a unique one.

To Lindsay’s Dad
    I am so very sorry for your loss and still having to wait to find out what happened to your beautiful daughter. Being a parent as well I know I wouldn’t rest without knowing myself. I hope you get the answers you seek so you can finally lay her to rest, for both of you.

28. Carol says:

I think the boyfriend’s mother is the instigator. She taught Lindsay everything she knew about real estate with the hopes that Lindsay (who was to be her future daughter-in-law) would take over the business. When she overheard Lindsay telling a friend she was breaking up with her son, mother-in-law to be lost it. I think she co-conspired with her son and that they did this together, or paid someone else to make it as brutal as it was. So sorry for your loss Mr. Buziak. I was a realtor and left the business years ago due to two incidents where my gut kicked in and told me not to go to a meeting with a new client.

• Judy McMillian says:

I agree I thought mother-in-law was involved both her and her son too calm for me. It had to be jealousy and money

• Cathy Whitney says:

Well, first off, I was wondering about the boyfriends’ mother saying Lindsay said bad things about the ex-boyfriend when her father & friend contradicted that.
        Then I was wondering why the real estate office/boyfriend’s mother would allow a 24 year old to go to sell a multi-million home by herself? Wouldn’t someone want to share in the commission with Lindsay? How long was Lindsay selling real estate? How experienced was she? How long was the boyfriend’s mother/experienced at selling real estate? If Lindsay had minimal experience, just seems to me that someone would want to split commission with her, unless they knew that it was all a set up.
        Also, if the boyfriend was sitting out front, how did the murderers get away? Especially walking out of the house with blood on them. If they changed clothes, so they didn’t risk people seeing them, wouldn’t they have gotten some of her blood somewhere else?
        Just an observation, but in the interview on Dateline, when the boyfriend became emotional about missing Lindsay, the mother looked like she wanted to just roll her eyes. If that was one of my sons’ giving an interview about the loss of their girlfriend (in a horrific way no less & they discovered body), I would be showing them my support of love by perhaps patting their arm or leg to let them know that I was going through this horrific ordeal with them.
        Also, If someone said they wanted to buy a multi-million dollar home in two days, wouldn’t some sort of background check/preapproval been needed or required to be performed? Did the office expect buyers to pay cash?
        Most times they say follow the money! I think there’s more to the money aspect that the police didn’t share. Who had the listing of the house?

Yes, exactly. Why can everyone see this but the Saanich Police?

29. Brandy Stokes says:

Has anyone looked into Brian’s wife? She would have been the girlfriend at the time and the one with the most to lose if Lindsay and Brian rekindled their relationship. It would also make sense that she hire someone instead of doing it herself

30. Judy McMillian says:

The real estate offic should have a name and credit report for the people who where on the schedule to see the house you do not take clients to see that price of home without prior information on the clients I would take a look into the real estate firm seems like someone there was jealous of victim

31. Susan Donahue says:

This was murder … just murder. So much work went into the set-up.

Here are my questions;
    1. I’m wondering if the boyfriend had the habit of texting her when he was a few minutes away.
    2. When the bf arrived and she was still in the house, he pulled out of the cul de sac….
    … I’m surprised he didn’t send a text letting her know he’d arrived and was around the corner
    3. Did Lindsay’s Mom (very experienced realtor) hear about the “Mexican couple” with strange accents
    that wanted to buy a million dollar house within 48 hours ahead of time? I can’t picture her Mom hearing this and
    letting Lindsay go to show the house alone.
    4. When Lindsay reconnected with friends in Calgary, was a spark of jealousy ignited?

The part I keep coming back to is the female member of the murder team. Very unusual.
    IMHO the Calgary connection and drug bust seems like a red herring.
    Someone else mentioned checking out ex girlfriends of Lindsay’s boyfriend.
    I’d check out the friends from Calgary… and folks on the street / confidential informants, etc.

People talk… it’s simply human nature. At some point one or both of the murderers will talk.

32. Martin says:

The way the deadly encounter was set up — as a pretend viewing of an upscale property — suggests that the perpetrator had at least some knowledge of the real estate industry’s workings. They may have also observed Lindsay at work to understand her motivations better. They may have been pressed for time, hence the lead they knew she could not refuse. It was eerily ‘organized’ and planned. I don’t think by age 24 Lindsay would have stepped on too many toes as an agent. The oddly ritual aspects of the crime make it look like a sectarian warning directed at someone close to her.

33. Karen says:

Just saw show on her story & appalled at brutality which is not usual for pro hitmen, from what I’ve learned. Being that murder was in such a wealthy area, did police pull all cameras(personal & commercial) to look for people on foot or their vehicle(s)? Also, has everyone been polygraphed, like immediate circle( & those listed in poll) as well as other women interested in her current/former boyfriends, other competitive realtors in re-max & other realty companies that she cd be pushing out of commissions? Also, did she have life insurance & if so, who wd benefit from her death? Can records of the house on the realtor’s site be pulled or google maps of the house be pulled to get a new database to search? That’s all I can think of other than interviewing closest friends of those in her circle and keeping up a reward for info leading to future arrests.. best of luck.. keep the faith they will be caught.

34. Angel says:

Has anyone checked out ZAILOS’ EX? Who was he seeing BEFORE Lindsay???

• Sam says:

Prior to Lindsay, Jason was seeing another realtor so hopefully the police followed that lead as well. Per what I read, Jason’s ex-girlfriend also stated she got a call from Jason’s mom’s phone number talking to her in a strange accent. Unless the ex was lying to bring attention elsewhere if she is guilty?. I wonder if the police verified phone records to see if this call was in fact made?

• Caroline says:

Good question

35. JW says:

I recently watched the Dateline report, and with the only known connection to Lindsay and the murderer being the cell phone…it was activated online and never used after the murder. To me this seems like the 1 potential tool…during the registry process there must have been some “account” creation or activation requirements…an Email or alternate contact info…Perhaps IP address tracking? Could’ve been activated using some alternate smart phone…?

36. Jade says:

Jason Zailo with Ziggy Matheson were the main conspirators, possibly Shirley Zailo because why did Paul rush off to the Netherlands so quickly after the murder? Ziggy then asked someone he knew, most likely someone who bought drugs off of him, a drug connection most definitely. The two hired hands most likely are through Vid and the Delcalazers.

37. Luisa Aviles says:

What about co-workers or maybe somebody that had a competition with her in the market. I hope she sees justice.

38. Nicholas says:

I left this huge paragraph on my theory and I just read the langford lizard part of this website. I guess I am right. LOL I knew zailo had something to do with it. Of course I think it was indirectly. Very sad. She was beautiful.

39. richard yonan says:

Who ever did it has a serious mental problem..to do that to another human is so wrong you would have to be totally insane, if they have even a minute hint of morality they surely must be affected by what they did.
    I just hope it eats them up.
    Really sad for you Jeff and hope it gets resolved soon for you.
    Richard yonan

40. Richard Dugan says:

Quite often, public opinion and or gut feelings are the truth.