Poll – Who Do You Think Murdered Lindsay Buziak?

302 responses to “Poll – Who Do You Think Murdered Lindsay Buziak?

1. Sally says:

What I can see from the “fake” Mexican accent is the intent to lead police and others down the wrong road. Because Mexican drug hitmen and gang members use overkill stabbings as a method to instill fear in others, the accent was meant to trick people. And it did trick many people. As I read through the blogs, I still read the debating on whether there was a “Mexican” hit.
    So let me ask you then, if this was a Mexican hit, why were the woman and man that met Lindsay that day to see the house both described as Caucasian?
    Answer: because this was not a drug hit.

• KD says:

I agree, even Lindsay talked about the Mexican accent cause it sounded strange/ fake. This crime was so well planned that they def would have faked the accent.

2. Sally says:

Police had no right to rule out anyone so early on. This is a sign of incompetence. It is also the reason why we are still here trying to solve the case. A lot of leads were missed, overlooked, or ignored.

3. Sally says:

I would get my hands on those phone records. Use a hacker if necessary. It will give you leads.

4. KD says:

All those expensive houses, did the police look at videocameras on the various houses the day she was murdered? did they confiscate Shirley’s computer to see if she was looking at that million dollar house online around the day “The Mexicans” made the call to look at it? Is their DNA on the fence? Did they check Shirley’s and Jason’s connections with people in Victoria? Where were they when the phone was purchased? Who were they talking to around that time on their phone records? What places in Victoria sell that dress? Why are the police ruling Shirley and Jason out?

• KD says:

Also, the police have the date the cell phone traveled the ferry, did they check the cameras on the ferry, at the docking station, or where the ticket was purchased,??

5. KD says:

This whole theory of Lindsay being the intended target but thinking she was a snitch theory when she wasn’t is BS, this murder was elaborately planned out for a couple months and multiple people were involved, there would not have been such a major error in this case when it was so methodical for the beginning.

6. KD says:

This was a joint effort between jason and his mother who was the mastermind. Jason knew that Lindsay would not go in that house unless he agreed to be outside. He then sent the texts that he was on his way so lindsay would proceed with meeting those people. he knew his texts would be traced so he had to in fact be at the location. He then brought along his alibi/witness

7. KD says:

I highly recommend contacting Detective Ken Brennan, he has solved very complicated cases that couldnt be cracked.

8. Sally says:

I think that the way Jason was texting to Lindsay after she went to the showing was meant to help him determine what stage the murder was at. He didn’t meet up with her until after the murder. This is just too convenient. It was a calculated plan. He texted her at 5:29 to tell her he’s 10 minutes away. Lindsay texted back ,” OK see you in a bit. ” Then he texted again at 5:38. And when she didn’t write back he assumed that the murder had already happened. So then he texted her that he was almost there, to create a text alibi. He knew she was already dead.
    Then when he got to the house and saw the 2 people behind the frosted glass, he knew the murderers were not gone yet. So he made up an excuse for why he needed to park around the corner and wait.
    Then when he went to the front door 10 minutes later, he knew it would be locked. He knew this because they all made an agreement in advance that this would be the “signal” that the deed was done and the coast was clear.
    At that point , he called the police before he was supposed to know a crime had been committed and made up a story that he was worried that the door was locked and Lindsay wasn’t responding to his texts. Meanwhile , he already knew she was dead.
    Wow! That’s some scheme. Like a real life horror movie. All planned out , acted out, no detail left unattended to.
    If it’s possible, I would try to get the phone records. I would get the phone records for Shirley’s and Jason’s home phones, cell phones, and business phones, going back from September 2007 to March 2008. I would look for phone calls to and from burner phones. Also look at the identity of all callers and persons called to.

• Dee says:

Sally you right on, from what you wrote, good head gal, with you all the way. Hopefully they will take heed on your comments, good for you. It seems the public are more like police than the police themselves.

• Jane says:

Who’s they….SPD? No because I think they have been paid off with dirty drug money. What seems so basic to average people just seems missed on SPD. Something just isn’t right in Saanich.

• Shelby says:

Jane,
            I agree with you that this does not look good at all. I’m not sure if this is corruption, politics, ego related, or all of these things, but it looks bad. I’m sure there are many dedicated cops who desperately want to solve this case. I just think something seems off.

• Amber says:

I agree I just watched this case for the 1st time today even before they announced he was a suspect the day of her murder I thought why all this texting she was a professional real estate agent this was a very expensive home why would she not have the papers she needed with her? Yes this loudly looks like his alibi smh I can not believe Jason isn’t being more investigated into these police are dumb dosent take a scientist to see. Even when they showed actual footage of his reenactment when he got in the house of what exactly he did he looked at and away from the camera he was acting strange.

• Anonymous says:

Yes right u r. He looked so rattled by the camera. He buried his damn face, unlike the day before at the shop he was at. He looked into the camera! Acting isn’t his thing. I would think there are some good cops but why is this case not moving. Who’s the main guy? What’s up there? Shit I’ve raised triplets from babies to annoying children. I remember feeling sick about this story when it hit the news. What is going on in Saanich? How can we all see this so easily. It all fits. It’s SZ and JZ. They tried so hard to cover their tracks but I don’t buy their story for a sec. JZ’s friend didn’t even know he was being used for an alibi, what’s going on there. Have they gagged him. I just don’t get it. Is there a place to write in ottawa?

9. Sally says:

Clues:
    That the woman who called Lindsay used her private cell phone number.
    That she had a phony accent.
    That when asked how she got the cell phone number she was able to name one of Lindsay’s former clients, who also was conveniently out of town. (Who would know that and be able to come up with an answer right there on the spot. )
    That the language the woman used to describe what she was looking for was “real estate-specific language ( once again, inside information).
    That the woman stated she needed it quickly ( a red flag).
    That she wanted to spend $1,000,000 (the lure)
    That Lindsay was apprehensive, but Jason allowed her to go alone.
    That Jason conveniently missed the murder , but managed to be at the house both right before the murder and immediately right after.
    That he parked his car outside , but conveniently didn’t try to go inside the house until Lindsay was already butchered.
    That he called the police before he knew a crime was committed.
    That he had an alibi.
    That he never once appeared upset that she died.
    That he wasn’t phased by the 40-60 stab wounds.
    That his mother, Shirley , immediately lied that Lindsay had a conversation with her the day before where she allegedly said she was afraid of her former boyfriend.
    That Jason’s mother was with him during the interview.
    That Lindsay openly told people that she didn’t think she should continue her relationship with Jason. (Many women meet their ending because of this. They underestimate the powerful emotions that are at play).
    That there doesn’t seem to be anyone else who would have a reason to get this angry to slaughter someone they know.
    That this crime was very personal.
    That the person who planned the crime is highly manipulative, highly controlling, has an enormous ego, is a schemer, is highly volatile, has money and connections
    Is evil and will rot in HELL!

10. F.J. Pacifico says:

I also believe it was the current boy friends mother how arranged this murder, she was the Manager where Lindsay worked, if Lindsay was talking to other office staff about her thoughts on leaving her current boyfriend and the Manager mother of her current boyfriend got wind of her plans for her son, she would be enraged thinking my son is not good enough for her and she would set this plan in motion after all she new Lindsay and would know she would show up at the house viewing alone, who else would know this fact, Talk with the staff where Lindsay worked, see if Lindsay may of told anyone of them or more than one about her plans for leaving her current boyfriend. Plus do not forget the distinctive dress the killer had on, was any attempt made at who makes this dress and where they are sold, it could yield some leads. It could tell you if the dress is sold locally or somewhere else and this could lead to a name as it is possible this person who bought this dress buys other clothing at this shop and the store staff my know a name, just another angle.
    This is an anger killing and who would be more angry then the mother of the current boyfriends mother, by the way do not forget that the call came in from the killers who wanted to buy a home and who got the exclusive rights to show the home, Lindsay did and who could make this happen, the Manager of the Realtor Office, her current boyfriends mother, what a stroke of luck, Lindsay get the job to sell a property to the killers. I have no facts on this case, however, it is obvious to me that one person could arrange this entire scenario.

Frank says, Thank you and please solve this vicious murder.

11. Reese says:

I watched the Dateline episode of the Lindsay Buziak murder. I believe the current boyfriend was involved some how. Many times during the interview his eyes shifted to the left, which is psychological lieing. The studies I did as a Psych major. Confirm. He did not commit the murder. He knows who did and why.

12. Chris Shelton SR. says:

I was watching the story on tv yesterday and noticed some characteristics of the boyfriend’s mother. This is just an observation, I have no connection, no evidence, I am simply a viewer who noticed some interesting actions by the boyfriend’s mother. 1) She had to be present at the interview when her son was being interviewed(mommy’s boy kinda thing). 2) The mother had to make sure everyone knew that Lindsay Buziak and her were close and together the day before. 3) I have a theory, it’s just a hunch….Lindsay Buziak indicated that she was thinking of breaking up with the boyfriend, this insulted the mother who then hired someone to commit this horrible crime, the woman who was present had blonde hair(probably a wig, notice the mother’s hair at the interview, completely dyed black-jet black..throws the whole guilt off her), the experts say that the theory is if you know someone is going to commit murder you don’t go to the scene….why did the boyfriend immediately call 911 and not her, he text her, why not call after that 10 mins.? the door was locked…just think, what would you do, wouldn’t you call that person, even if you called 911, you would be in a panic, calling over and over, because fear of the unknown would make you….he did not, he text her then called 911…I mean I am no police officer, I am a disabled veteran US Army, I did work with a serial killer for 1 year, I had no clue until he was arrested. 3 years later, I was playing cards in the field with some fellow soldiers and 1 stated he would cut off his wife’s head if he caught her cheating..2 weeks later he did exactly that. I am not saying I am an expert in knowing horrible people’s actions, but I do think this was personal, it was simply because the mother was insulted and raged with Lindsay Buziak…as to say, how dare you think my son isn’t good enough for you, she started planning this as soon as she found out, then the boyfriend by every means necessary to make it seems the 2 were close, knowing what his mom was planning, he also made sure he had someone with him, alibi, he’s guilty by his actions. I noticed at the very end of the interview, when the boyfriend started “crying”(which was weak and fake), the mother had to also, as if she were following her son’s lead…sorry I call bs on these 2, might be hard to prove, but worth checking into.

13. Sally says:

Lindsay’s murder was planned by someone that she met and crossed within the last year of her life( likely between February to December of 2007).
    Lindsay’s murder was planned by someone in the real estate business.
    Lindsay’s murder was planned by someone with financial means.
    Lindsay’s murder was likely planned by a woman or a misogynist. The reason is because of all the stab wounds to the chest/breast area and face. Also the number of stabs, over 40 shows a deep hatred/rage.
    Go back and review all of her real estate associations, contacts, and aquaintances from this period of time. Her murderer will likely be on this list.
    A drug hitman would only need a gun and not an elaborate plan.

14. Madeline Ohenry says:

Her boyfriend did it. She was ready to leave him and he couldn’t accept the fact that he was going to be dumped. She may have also excluded him as acting as the mortgage broker from some of her real estate sales. Either way I feel it was Lindsay’s current boyfriend who had her killed. His account of the events just doesn’t add up. He’s hiding something and so is his mother.

15. somequestions says:

I am glad Crime Watch Daily did an episode on Lindsay Buziak’s case earlier this year. After watching I am a little confused because I thought Dateline said she was found on her back and that would mean the stab wounds would have been to the front? Crime Watch Daily said she was stabbed from behind in a sort of surprise attack. I imagine there will always be aspects of the case that only police know the true answers to.

Until major questions can be answered it is going to be hard to even come up with theories in this case. Did Lindsay Buziak know her killers or didn’t she? That is a major question. What is the motive? My opinion is that the motive was betrayal, a woman who feels like she was betrayed. If it was planned then maybe certain aspects of the planning lead to clues. For example, if a woman buys a blonde wig, what is her most likely hair color going to be, probably brunette or redhead. Or she was not wearing a wig, and then she would be a blonde.

So after nearly 10 years, if you were to make a list of Lindsay Buziak’s family and friends, who was married or got married shortly after Lindsay Buziak’s death? Who is still married to this same person after 10 years? This is pure speculation of course. But when you don’t have a motive and you don’t even know if the victim knew her killers you have to find some sort of clue to try and follow even if it is not the right one.

It would be very interesting to hear what women who have looked at Lindsay Buziak’s case think. I agreed the most with the female investigator on Dateline. A female investigator should definitely be involved in this case. I know I am only looking at it from a television perspective, but this seems like a hard case to solve.

16. Richard says:

It’s so personal and if we assume the police account is correct then I’d say it’s the mother of one of those involved in the Calgary Drug bust. A young mother, An angry mother. Very angry

17. Richard says:

What you got to understand about the undersirables is none of them could do it because a classy young woman like Lindsay could never believe any of them could buy a 1m property. Can you imagine Vid slithering up to the property?
    Lindsay would have said slow down baldy Ramand is in the other direction. Sorry buddy we don’t sell cigarettes.
    The undesirables are basically The Victoria Hall of Slime. And I can’t recall slime buying real estate. Low life can’t plan.

18. Richard says:

Had ADDICOTT showed up Lindsay would have laughed and sent him to the trailer park where he belongs. ADDICOTT would struggle to buy a trailer let alone a 1mil property.

19. Richard says:

NOT ADDICOTT

We all know he doesn’t have the brains to pull it off.

Maggots can’t think.

20. John says:

What I find very strange after watching the latest crime watch series on this tragic incident is for someone whom has never stepped foot in a house before to walk in and immediately know where to go to the emergency without even second guessing of looking elsewhere or without stopping. Any average person would frantically look around and not know where to really go. How can you find your way perfectly around a house youv never been in? And know right exactly where to go without any second guesses? Clear sign of someone who know right to go from the beginning. Clear sign of guilt and/or some sort of prior knowledge. what do the police do? Ohya know just let everyone get away and not remotely care about the victim, the victims family nor their grief. Very sickening. My heart goes out to the Buziak family and I truly hope someday justice is served to the killers. One way or another.

21. Cara Robinson says:

I just saw the dateline episode for the first time, and I am so sorry for the family and friends who lost Lindsay. I really think this was a vengeful coworker/Dani had realtor, likely a woman, who was jealous of Lindsay’s current and/or future success. Only a realtor would suggest an empty house and know how to lure someone by pretending to be a million dollar client who needs to buy within 2 days. And on the episode, the report said they likely got away on foot. Well, has that been explored? Were there others scheduled showings in the area? Did someone live nearby there or have family nearby?

22. Jarrod Treppish says:

…after watching a Chris Hansen bit on this and briefly skimming through the non essential info on here I think there’s a few things that need to be addressed… coming from a US law enforcement background here, i can tell you there are TWO THINGS that stand out to me that should be investigated further that I am really not seeing a lot being done? Again I could be very wrong as this site is hard to follow, but FIRST, I think the glaringly obvious thread that needs tugging on is the claim the Lindsey “saw something she shouldn’t have”. You have a basic timeline of when this event occurred. Follow it! Track her every moment during that year, who were her friends? Coworkers? Vacations? Hangouts? Where did she live? Who did she live with? Boyfriend? His friends? SECOND, and this ties into the first, her trio to visit her father before the murder. Put emotions and assumptions aside and look at the facts. It is VERY likely that her boyfriend was either involved or associated to this drug ring if nothing more than being around it. So it’s likely that the event in question happened to be that she witnessed something occur with the boyfriend and this drug ring? Perhaps the boyfriend held that over her and she was afraid to get out due to threats? Maybe when she contacted this friend in the drug ring to protect her loser boyfriend she had bad timing with the bust and having already been on their radar and now the bust happening it’s likely she’d be the one blamed. Than it’s possible the boyfriend was threatened into giving her up or maybe he was involved? Or maybe it was dumb luck he was there? Judging by the layout of the house his running upstairs isn’t suspicious to me as the friend had already went through the first floor it’s pretty clear she wasn’t on floor one and straight up the stairs is the master suite and her body was right in line of sight of the open door so I don’t think that has any bearing. Now this is ALL SPECULATION AND THEORY, but, if I were investigating this I’d be focused on the event she witnessed and the old friend contact. Tug those strings and I think you’ll find what you’re looking for. But you have to be willing to forget everything you think you know about her and look at this objectively and not as a father. Good luck, my heart goes out to you. If it were me, there’d be a trail of blood until I found her killer. I wish you the best.

23. Private citizen says:

Only Vid would be dumb enough to post that comment. The spelling and grammar fits his profile.Plus he already admited that he knows who killed ber.Spd if you cant get him on murder…get him locked away for somthing else.

24. Concerned citizen says:

How are people still using the Zailo’s as realtors? Clearly they had something to do with this… it boggles my mind every time I see a sign with their name on it… they should be put behind bars, and at the very least have their realtor license revoked… my condolences to the family of Lindsay.

• Jane says:

I guess people don’t know who they are.
      I wouldn’t want to be tangled up in that mess
      of a family for nothing. Lindsay wanted to get
      away from them too. SZ is the leader of the pak, no brainer!!!!

25. Russell Taylor says:

Jason Zailo had something to do with it.

26. joejoedotcom says:

Jason Zailo had her killed…

27. Crime Show Junkie says:

Jason Zailo had her killed…

It was PAINFUL to watch the investigators bungle this case…… they should dig deep into that guy’s ass. He’s guilty AF.

My advice would be to hire some PI’s to work the case separately from the police.

28. Brandy Stokes says:

I believe it was Brian’s wife, she would have been the girlfriend at the time. She had a lot to lose and would have benefited the most out of Lindsay’s death! I don’t think Brian had anything to do with it nor does he know that his wife is guilty as hell!

29. Keith Elliott says:

It was the old boyfriend’s new wife

• Brandy Stokes says:

I definitely agree with you Keith! She had the most to gain from Lindsay’s death and it would make sense for her to hire someone to do it instead of doing it herself.

• A says:

I did not know Lindsey well but she was a friend of my friend. Turns out she invited me for coffee one time since she was having some issues with our mutal friend. We did alot of talking about our lives and I cant get out of my head that she told me her on and off agian boyfriend Matt said that if she ever left him he would kill her. He also use to pull her hair out and hurt her. I dont know if this means anything..but I hope justice comes for Lindsey and her family.

30. Nicholas says:

Small detail. The killers told Lindsay that they got the number from previous clients of hers. I would think that the only way the killers would have lindsay clients names would be through another realtor or someone working with Lindsay in the real estate industry. I.E. Jason Zailo or his mother or brother? There are ways to pass polygraph tests and if you do fail….. they can be considered inaccurate. Do you follow?

31. Peg A McGrath says:

This is the second time I have seen the show. It is on now…5/22/17. I believed from the first time I saw the show until I saw it again tonight; that the suspect is someone in the Realtor field. The show said Lindsay’s Realtor career was just taking off and already had a couple of homes to close on (when she told her Dad she made a mistake about her boyfriend). I think it was someone who wanted to stop her career because it was becoming successful and she would be in the way of his/her Realtor career. Just my Opinion

32. somequestions says:

A little bit of a correction: Lindsay Buziak actually wrote housekeeper in her day planner, not nanny. Either way it is strange because housekeepers usually do not stay with the family. Maybe in the killers life, their housekeeper stayed and lived with them.

Sometimes what is not mentioned can also be important. For example, there is no mention of a large yard in her notes, something I think might be important to a man who might have to mow the lawn.

People murder for all sorts of reasons, but the amount of stab wounds seems like someone filled with a lot of jealousy or hate. The murder feels like someone who was betrayed.

And finally there is the notation at the top of her day planner about needing to buy in 2 days. For whatever reason this patient planned killer who waited weeks after purchasing the cell phone all the sudden needed to make sure the murder was done by Saturday. It even gave Lindsay Buziak a bad feeling. So why?

Whatever the reasoning I still tend to think the person who planned to murder Lindsay Buziak was a woman.

• Luis Hardy says:

It was a housekeeper they said that they needed a room for. My opinion is, that was to give Lindsay the impression that they had a lot of money and was going to have a live in housekeeper. Which I think she bought it. And giving a deadline of two days was to make her think that she could sell a million dollar home in a couple of days and get the commission.

• Robert says:

The house had a basement with a “1 bedroom suite with separate entry and separate laundry”. The housekeeper reference was likely to draw Lindsay to this particular house.

• Jane says:

Shirley Zailo

33. somequestions says:

I tend to believe that whoever planned to commit this crime was probably a woman.

There are a few reasons for this and it has to do with Lindsay Buziak’s day planner. The part she wrote down about having a separate room for the nanny came off to me as something a woman would remember to mention. How many men do you know that would remember a detail like that especially since this whole thing was a ruse anyway?

Then there are Lindsay Buziak’s friends. What is the one thing most of them probably did not have because they were young at the time? Kids. So the nanny part struck me as strange.

This does not mean that someone does not have imagination enough to come up with these ideas. It only means that it might give some insight into the person. So professions that deal with kids like nanny, nurse, or teacher would be interesting if it describes any of Lindsay’s friends or family.

If it is a woman, whoever it is could be described as patient. If the cell phone used to lure Lindsay Buziak to that home was bought weeks before, then whoever it was did not seem to be in any rush to kill her. But then you have the actual autopsy report about all the stab wounds. Whoever it was seemed to have a lot of rage just waiting to confront her. The fact that she was found on her back and the wounds came from the front might suggest she even knew her killer.

To me, the little evidence that there is suggests the person who planned to murder Lindsay Buziak was a woman.

34. Bri says:

This case is horrifying, not to mention the fact it hasent been solved. The fact the local City police are dealing with it, is mind blowing. They have zero experience with this sort of thing. After months, it should have been handed off, now this many years later & still not? Insane. I think they should pay more attention to these druggy gang wanabee losers too, they clearly have something to do with it. Either them or the X.

35. Help Lindsay says:

He is referring to Widdifield!

36. Jade says:

Drug associate with Ziggy, Ziggy knew who to ask and a friend or girlfriend of the murderer accompanied him, Vid and the Delcalazers know who did this and are connected in the drug trafficking. The police should have clues by now, they should narrow their search with who Ziggy sold to associated with Vid & company, someone who spoke Spanish. Who fit this description? Have they done surveillance since 2008 of Ziggy’s drug associates? Its just not rocket science to figure this murder out! Grab Jason, Vid, Shirley and Ziggy & place them all under arrest for withholding the names of the actual stabbers.

37. Nicholas says:

The more I read the more I realize I’m way behind! But hey at least I was on the right track.

38. Nicholas says:

Is it possible the people who killed her was sending a message to the rat or the person they think ratted them out. …..Mr Zalo. Usually when a girl dies like this its a statement to someone close to her and the statement was for Mr Zalo I believe. This was common for the time because over on the mainland the girlfriends/wives were getting killed for retaliation against there men. No surprise the father has said a group of local drug dealer gangsters. Makes sense. Are these local thugs tied in with the drug dealer in Calgary that got busted 3 days before Lindsey died? And she visited him 6 weeks before her murder? Maybe Zalo was jealous of Lindsey visiting this man in Calgary on the trip she took there to see her father. Zalo makes a wrong decision out of jealousy and rats out this man so he gets busted and Lindsey pays for it? Or he rats out a local dealer and Lindsey pays for it. He didnt cry intially, very emotionless. I think he was sad she was dead but in shock and maybe felt responsible because of something he has done. Maybe he was thinking it’s a possibility that so and so did it because of blah blah blah. Right? That’s my take on it after looking at the videos and articles and interviews. Damn I’m probably very close to being right. But no forensics so someone has to rat. Put up a big enough dollar sign and in time someone will break and give you the info. Money talks in their world! Half a million to a million dollars and murder solved.

39. AJ says:

Just spit it out already. Who is this person you speak of?

40. Sandos says:

I find it odd that out of all the drug dealers and ‘bad asses’, after all this time, there is one name that has never been mentioned as far as I know, and he his the guy that scares everyone shitless. From what I know about him, well I have met him on many occasions and have heard what he HAS done in the past, including having one of his best friends beaten within an inch of his life, over a mere $2000 dollars. All of the ‘bad asses’ that have been mentioned, would never, ever piss him off in fear if their life. They all know him and have been in the drug trade business with him/for him. I was told once before that he has “killed”! And yes, he knows the Zalo’s well. He is incarcerated at this time, but was not back then. I could say more, but if I did, they would know who I am. But it makes me wonder, when I hear all of these other names, but not his?