Photos

sz2sketch1

sz

188 responses to “Photos

1. Debra says:

If her boyfriend agreed to be there with her during the showing of the house….why did he stay outside?…seems to me the point would be…to be inside the home…near by…so nothing happens…or in case it does…what good is he outside, and her inside with possible threats?…clearly. I find his behavior odd too, and his mother. And his mom looks like that sketch pic a lot. I think sometimes a case cant be solved, cause the murder/s are close by, you don’t suspect them enough…or look into them enough. I’m not accusing, forgive me if I’m wrong but, one of her female friends I sense maybe had something in on it. 1 thing we know for sure, someone wanted her dead..and it clearly was planned out very good for at least a year…given when the phone was bought up until the murder. Right there is a clue, why did they wait so long to kill her, between the purchase of the phone, and her death?…Makes it seem to me, they needed the time opportunity, something about it had to be just right first. Also, why ware such a dress that the woman wore? the white pink black, the design, is eye catching, why would she want to be noticed? That’s odd. Her role was likely to make her feel safer, to appear a kind couple looking for a home, verses the guy just being shown the home. The man was the killer and her role was to be there to gain her trust. Its not all about revenge always, follow the money, follow what was gained, and who stood to gain from her death. Also, consider was she killed to keep her quiet about something she knew. Consider that. And how did they arrive? car? on foot? left on foot? Sounds like there was no car involved. Then there was someone driving a getaway car, parked somewhere, even blocks away, waiting for them. They likely brought a change of clothes, changed inside, before they walked out, so blood wouldn’t be on them. The woman likely had no blood on her, cause he likely did the murder, so she could be clean herself, and have clean clothes in her purse for him, or clean clothes under her dress for him. I feel the boyfriend if involved, was there with his guy friend, just to form his alibi. Cause staying outside isn’t helping her inside, which was why he agreed with her to be there in the first place. So why wasn’t he inside doing what he came there for. It sounds like he purposely waited, gave the murderers enough time inside to finish it and leave…before he goes inside to pretend to find her. Could of been someone jealous of her at the place she worked, wanted her gone. The boyfriend and his mom, might owed some drug debt, and she paid for it with her life. Why pretend to be Mexican. Some reason it mattered to them, to be seen as Mexican. Not just say mask there voice to just sound different within their race. They wanted police to think the killers, and all tied to this, are not from there, but rather from a far off, which likely means they’re all very close to her, not just in location, but in relationship to her. Does also though, sound like that maybe it was a drug related revenge thing. Such as, someone lied on her, made her out to be a snitch, when they themselves couldn’t pay some drug debt, or were the snitch themselves. Maybe someone around her wasn’t a friend after all, was so jealous of her, they hired them to kill her. Also, did they just hope, and assume, shed come there alone that day….or did someone know she would come alone…maybe someone within her workplace. Now that I think of it, surely her boyfriend and his mom couldn’t disguise themselves to the point shed not know who they were, then kill her. But, still could’ve had it done by others. Very hard case, sad. Anyhow this was just me brainstorming. I only recently knew of this murder. I hope her and her family get justice.

2. Svetlana says:

I also think the Police did not do their job. I would’ve interviewed all the friends of Lindsay not only once but many times in the years because you have to find out how Lindsay was living, and father doesn’t know because he lives far away. Sometimes not everything is remembered in one interview or sometimes things withheld on purpose, and things can just come out after a chat so they should have had more chats with all of her friends to get a better picture of what happened maybe in the autumn leading to February. And did this house get sold? Did Jason find a girlfriend or wife? Where is his father and how did they get to be so rich like that? I am sure this phone could’ve been traced to see where it went from the manufacturer and how it got to a Vancouver store and look at all the videos of people buying – very easy with the technology even in 2007 but B.C. police seem to be lazy and don’t want to spend money on this. So much time passed it is very sad that these murderers are walking freely.

3. Melissa says:

He parked on the opposite side of the road I I seen where he said he didn’t want to seem like the over bearing boyfriend I have several issues with that 1 he was there to protect her 2 when he seen there wasn’t another car in the driveway as the eye witnesses have stated why wouldn’t he know that Lindsay was alone unless he didn’t because he planned this or helped plan it! 3 He and his “friend” that he mysteriously invites to dinner that evening claim they seen shadows of people in the house, DOWNSTAIRS Lindsay was killed upstairs in a bedroom, he moved the car so they could escape, there’s no other reason. There was no car for them to come out and get into, and who cares what they thought, she was concerned about these people and he knew it, so one he didn’t take it seriously or two he knew exactly what was going on in that house!

4. Heather Sturgeon says:

Just seen the clips on Dr Phil. God Bless you and your family. The silence is deafening but one day JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED. You are a great father to your beautiful little girl! God Bless!

5. carol MacVicar says:

There is a site that Lindsay’s thread is on there, Unsolved Cases, all from Canada and US and all provinces. You can sign into that site with a screen name and read comments and leave comments. You can do that and do not have to post your real name on the post. We comment there on many cases not solved in Canada and US. You may want to check that site out.

6. Pam says:

Why has there never been an INQUEST into Lindsay’s murder??

7. A.C. says:

With all the dirty money laundering through Canadian real estate the past 22 years, the possibility isn’t unlikely she overheard talk of drug, gun “import/export” running, human trafficking, who knows what

• Anon Anonymous says:

BS – as a licensed realtor I can assure you there is no money laundering in Real Estate, at least not through organized Real Estate or the legal profession, etc. When money is used to buy Real Estate it’s already been laundered. Don’t believe the government propaganda money laundering BS, which is all about creating transparency for Tax collection purposes. If they wanted to shut down drug crime they would re-instate the penalties that were in place 30 to 40 years ago, not by trying to track the money, and violating our civil rights in the process; a task that is impossible in any case without going to a cashless society. Exactly where they want us. The government is complicit in the drug trade by virtue of their hollow pretenses in addressing it. Money in Real Estate is laundered by paying for improvements and construction in drug cash, or by paying cash in exchange for below market value purchase agreements, which happens in the For Sale By Owner realm. I have hard heard of it happening. As for the Dr Phil show, Jeff Buiziak comes across as 100% believable. I had my doubts previously but I now believe the Saanich cops are full of it. There is also no longer any doubt who Jeff thinks is responsible for this crime. Those two things came across and will be broadly believed. I think there will be some consequences going forward for both the cops and the perps. Cops have become so lazy and self serving in the past few decades it’s sick, and that at our expense. Their unofficial motto: “To protect and serve – ourselves”

• Mark G. says:

So many cold cases where cops say “we have a pretty good idea who was involved,” but then they utter the whole double jeopardy nonsense and hope the world forgets. This dad is the only reason why this case has not been buried under fifty other cold case boxes. The state is not going to act unless something is delivered to them on a platter.

• None says:

The laundering process is sometimes quite complex,you’ve pointed out how it typically occurs, but just because your a “realator” doesn’t mean you know exactly what’s going on that front.

• Lynn L. says:

I agree,I totally believe that if it were not for the efforts of her dad, Jeff Buziak, this case would be forgotten entirely. He obviously works tirelessly for justice to be served. I hope that it is solved in the very near future.

• None says:

Absolutely, shirley had to tie up the loose ends!

8. I think it was the boyfriend and his Mother. I saw them on dateline and got such a awful feeling that they were lying. You can see it in there eyes. The mother trying to pass blame onto the ex boyfriend was BS she was trying to cover herself and son. I can not believe the police have not looked further into this family or real estate firm. Lindsay was set up by her boyfriends mother. Maybe lindsay was doing better at the company maybe the mother was jealous of her or lindsay was scared of who these people really are come on check them out further. At the end of dateline the boyfriend finally produced tears and the mother looks over at him and takes a tissue up to her nose the look was like good son you are showing them those tears. Fake tears. He even moved his car away from the front door. Why??? I pray the police look further into these people.

9. Ava says:

Has co-workers or competition been looked into at all?Just seems personal, someone wanted to take her out in a brutal way. I would definitely be looking into these things. Maybe another real estate agent wanted revenge after she took a sale from them, or she was climbing the ranks and succeeding faster and a co-worker was jealous. This should be looked into!!!! Sorry for your loss and I hope something happens soon for this case to be solved.

10. Coleen Clapper says:

Hello,
    I just watched a DATELINE on the horrific murder of your beautiful daughter Lindsey.
    I am so very sorry for your loss. I’m sure you have searched all avenues of investigation. Having lived & married to a retired Police Officer, drug investigator with the DEA & Private Investigator, I pray you have hired the best Investigator, who has lived & with his every breath, search for this coward killer.
    I know how my husband has worked his cases, with the best results. This crime needs to be solved. I will continue to pray for a positive outcome to your turmoil.
    Sincerely,
    Coleen Clapper
    Syracuse, NY

• Jeff Buziak says:

Hello Everyone. Please go back to the home page and scroll down to the comment section and press on the small button to read comments and comment there with everyone else. Thank you.
      Coleen, Lindsay’s murder is being play investigated by a crew of ever changing rank amateurs thinking they are detectives because they read the manual and even sadder is they work the investigation when they find the time or are Wanting to look busy meanwhile they thwart and threaten anyone who try’s to help them out or do something constructive. The Saanich police in charge are experts at explanations, excuses, blaming and diligently monitoring their time off, lunches, coffee breaks and time off. It’s really a sad situation that should have been resolved a long time ago but unfortunately we are stuck with these wanna-be cops until somebody does something to bring in a more competent authority that is determined to expeditiously make arrests happen. Street justice would probably get things happening. I constantly question if that is what I have to do and I guess if I’m questioning it I know the answer!

• Loving Mother says:

A loving Mother of One…. I understand completely and know I would go to the bottoms of the earth and everywhere in between to find out what happens to my child. And yes I would probably kill someone if I found
        Out who did really took away their precious light. Good luck Dear Father and bless u for not giving up. I would def be the Same way as you are wanting and fighting for answers. Lots of love and prayers that you can soon find out why your baby girl was taking from you. God Bless you ans your family. Keep up the good fight. Love from a nother loving parent who would just die without their child no matter how old they are. Much much love and support Mr Jeff💕

Hi Colleen
      Could you ask your husband to watch the Dateline show and other shows and info avail on YouTube and maybe he could watch BrainScratch then get in touch with Jeff Buziak with any ideas or thoughts he could offer to solve Lindsay’s vicious murder.

11. Lindsay Rogers says:

I personally think the boyfriends mother has something to do with this!!

12. Leslie says:

Did you know or did Jasson’s family (in real estate,correct?) know Hal Wenal? Real Estate Developer from Florida, Georgia and many other locations. Hal’s wife was murdered and the crime never solved. Perhaps they had mutual dealings somewhere along the way? I have wondered if Kay was murdered in retaliation for a real estate deal that devastated an investor and gave cause for revenge? Hal’s partners, out of Florida, are a shifty bunch…I don’t know…just a thought. Google Who Killed Eva Kay Wenal.
    Brutal, swift, killing of an innocent woman.
    1 more thing…i worked for Hal…i received a mysterious call one night, many years ago, shortly after Kay’s murder…the caller had a hispanic accent… I don’t know…I still wonder who…why…something made me wonder if these two are related. Plase delete this after you read it or pass it to Lindsay’s father. Thank you.

• Stephanie Hal says:

I know this case can be solved. There needs to be more media attention all over again and that will light a fire under the right investigator’s ass. This is total bull shit. Someone close to her definitely has more information. I am still uncertain why her boyfriend was meeting her there with someone else. It just seems strange to me. Maybe reach out to a famous crime podcaster? That usually always gets the case the attention it deserves. I pray for your family and for answers. I didn’t know your daughter but my heart aches for you. I will Be following up on this case for sure.

13. Leslie says:

Did you know or did Jasson’s family know Hal Wenal? Real Estate Developer from Florida, Georgia and many other locations. Hal’s wife was murdered and the crime never solved. Perhaps they had mutual dealings somewhere along the way? I have wondered if Kay was murdered in retaliation for a real estate deal that devastated an investor and gave cause for revenge? Hal’s partners, out of Florida, are a shifty bunch…I don’t know…just a thought. Google Who Killed Eva Kay Wenal.
    Brutal, swift, killing of an innocent woman.
    1 more thing…i worked for Hal…i received a mysterious call one night, many years ago, shortly after Kay’s murder…the caller had a hispanic accent… i don’t know…i still wonder who…why…something made me wonder if these two are related.

14. AJ says:

I just saw this story on Dateline. I want to say how terribly sorry I am to hear about the loss of your daughter, sister, family member, friend. What a tragic story. You will all be in more than one of my prayers as I pray that the person or persons responsible is/are brought to justice.

15. Darlene says:

Has anyone ever considered that this crime was committed by a sick couple who are sexual sadists? Possibly have done this before, or just wanted to experience killing? Have police ever looked into similar crimes? I’m a viewer of the Dateline program, and was curious to see if there was any new info on the case, which led me to this site. Was this scenario ever considered? I mean none of the normal suspects and reasons for murder seem to pan out at all. Am I the only one who’s ever considered this angle?

• Angellia * says:

No, you arent alone with the thought. It in some ways seems to be personal-because of the overkill with sooo many stab wounds. Im sure the Police have looked at the cellphone locations of pretty much everyone in her “circle”. Of course theres ways to get around that (like not taking the cell to crime scene). I find it strange how the bfs mom made the comment that Lindsay had said she was scared of the ex, yet nobody else can recall her ever saying such things. Is it possible the bfs mom was the lady in the dress, with a ‘supposed interested buyer’, and after showing up, asked Lindsay to show the home to her (bfs mom’s)friend, while the bfs mom “graded” her selling technique–or whatever–just to get Lindsay inside..?
      I have wondered about the idea of the killer(s) actually being a sick, disturbed couple that didnt even know her-she just ended up on their “list”, and if so, most likely Lindsay wasnt their first nor last victim.
      Another thought-kinda far fetched, but what about the home where it happened–did anyone purchase it? Ive watched too many crime drama shows I guess, but I recall the one where the lady was obsessed with a house, and caused utter HELL for the family that purchased it, in hopes of getting them to move.
      Did Lindsay actually know what her friend from school was into(drugs),when she visited him, during the visit to her father? It DOES NOT make her a bad person,& even if so, DOESNT make her death in ANYWAY ok!–just trying to look for any possible motive.
      I do hope the persons responsible are caught, & punished. My heart goes out to Lindsays loved ones. I cant say I know how her father feels-Because I dont. Ive never lost a child. I did lose my 25 yr old first cousin in 2001, and still, no arrest.
      May you find peace in the wonderful memories of your dear Lindsay.
      And may the person(s) responsible, feel HELL in their every breath in the days to come.

• Mysterychaser says:

But if it was a random couple, why buy a phone 7 months?! before the killing and only use it for a call to Lindsay? That is sooo fishy and it certainly looks like it was focused on her. So either it is someone she knew (hence why the number of stab wounds) or they followed her for several months and planned it. It sounds far fetched to say that it was a random couple…

• Mark says:

Nobody in their right mind thinks it was a random couple. It was obviously calculated and Lindsay was the intended victim. So many people in here just throw out crap to get attention.

16. I just watched the Dateline episode and I feel it so odd there was no mention if the couple arrived in a vehicle. The witnesses say they saw her shake hands outside. They must have been dropped off by a car service or their car was parked down the street. If there was no vehicle parked outside, I believe knowing how leery she was, the boyfriend would have entered the home immediately. I definitely feel the boyfriend and
    his mother paid to have her murdered that is why he didn’t enter the home. His story about not wanting to be nosy is not plausible in my book. By him seeing the shadows, that was his sign that the crime had been committed. He then drives around the corner and parks and waits a few minutes. That gives the murderers time to exit the front door without his witness seeing the murderers leave the crime scene. He then has the witness go in the side door that he knew would be opened.
    The boyfriend knew she was wanting to leave him after she made a few more sales and he had her murdered in a home that would have gotten her closer to leaving his pathetic self. That was his way of getting his justice. You can’t tell me he thought everything in the relationship was going fine. He planned the perfect murder. Had a witness and involved his family who will never tell the truth.

• melanie m says:

agree totally my thoughts exactly- he needed a witness- he knew she wanted to dump him- hes so lackng any type of emotions- hes creepy

17. Nicole says:

I feel like the boyfriend had something to do with it. If I told my husband that I needed him to meet me at work because I was scared to walk outside alone(in this case sacred of the ppl seeking the house) MY HUSBAND IS GOING TO COME STRAIGHT INTO THE HOUSE ONCE HE ARRIVES!!! HES NOT GOING TO WAIT IN HIS CAR OUTSIDE! WHATS THE SENSE OF WAITING OUTSIDE IF I TOLD YOU THAT IM AFRAID OF THESE PEOPLE…YOU CANT HELP ME FROM OUTSIDE! THE BOYFRIEND SHOULD HAVE WENT INSIDE THE HOUSE AS SOON AS HE GOT THERE

18. Pierre says:

Linday told her Dad in Dec while in Calgary that she saw Something that scared her but would not tell her Dad what it was.

My theory is there are a link between what she saw or heard and the Disappearance of Kyle MacDonald from Shawnigan Lake who disappeared in Aug 07, has he was meeting some clients in Vancouver and simply vanished.
    Shawnigan Lake is the place where Lindsay and her boyfriend lived prior to going back to Victoria.

19. I haven’t read the entire thread, but did police communicate with the investigators on the drug case to see if she actually talked to them? Praying for you and your family. My daddy loved me as much as you love Lindsay and I know how painful life is without him. I can’t imagine the pain of losing a child. Stay strong for your girl, and know there are good people out here praying for answers and justice.

20. Lambo Smooth says:

I know who know who killed Lindsay. I been doing real estate for 10 years in New York.

• Joseph says:

Great news for this co conspirator BC is currently strengthening the safety for people who become witness for trials. There have now been 2 more local occultist become born again Christians. The safety in numbers is starting to reverse. Better to confess before an arrest. Better chance of a judge granting a publication ban .

• Daisy says:

Lambo Smooth, Are you sure? Why don’t you go to the police?

Gee Lambo Smooth
      Have you told anyone other than this blog that you know who murdered Lindsay? If not I suggest you eml Lindsay’s Dad @JeffBuziak@hotmail.com
      It’s been 11 yrs now and arrests are way overdue, please do the right thing and help Lindsay and her family.

• Anonymous says:

You need to report it to the cops then!!! Don’t say you know who did it if you aren’t going to help bring her killers to justice. That’s selfish. Lindsay’s dad ought to have the cops investigate you.

• AJ says:

Did you contact the police? Why would you post something like that?

• Susieq says:

Jesus, people say they know who did this horrible murder? Crazy person! I watched this last year, her dad has several people in mind! If there’s no evidence you have nothing! They cleared the boyfriend! I watched the Angie’s dodge case to! 23 years and they solved it! They had the wrong guy in jail for 20 years! They arrested the right person after 23 years with dna genology! Who ever did kill this beautiful girl will get arrested ! I think there close! DNA is so powerful now!

21. Lauren Ferguson says:

Mr. Buziak let me first say how terribly sorry I am for your loss . Your strength, dedication and devotion to your daughter is extraordinary . I think we all know who hatched the plan, carried it out and committed this heinous act.
    It breaks my heart and you are in my thoughts as are Lindsey‘s entire family .
    Thank you for your transparency and diligence in getting this crime solved.

22. Mark says:

She was privy to information dealing with her boyfriend and boyfriend’s mom’s illegal dealings. When she started to let it be known that she was going to break off the relationship, she became a risk. Her boyfriend went about establishing an alibi prior to the attack, texting from different cell towers, calling numerous people, riding over with a guy from the office… Then he parks far away from the actual house? He was involved, he knew what was happening. You bring a guy over with you because you are nervous about her meeting, but you arrive late and then don’t park in front of the house or go inside when you arrive? How were you there to protect her? You went out of your way not to protect her. You were there to find the body and create a phoney suspect ID.

23. Daisy says:

I really feel the boyfriend has something to do with it. Even though he didn’t commit the murder himself, I think he planned it! I see something in his eyes, like a spark of wanting to laugh while he’s interviewed. Also, why didn’t he get inside the house as soon as he got there? It seemed that she wanted him there for the showing, even if he was late, she was probably expecting him to go inside the house as soon as he got there, not wait outside!

24. elisabethvon says:

That dress looks like a Max Mara design to me – or a knockoff of Max Mara.

25. Betty Jo Pringle says:

I’m concerned that the IPS address linked to creating the phone number was not investigated thoroughly. In order to obtain a fictitious number online there is an IPS ADDRESS. Although the phone was never used again doesn’t mean initially they didn’t have hits on where the phone was used. What type of vehicle were the couple in? The current boyfriend at the time did not see a fleeing vehicle being as though he seen two bodies through the glass door? Did the coroner clean under her fingernails for DNA? Also because the story said she was an up and coming realtor there could have been jealous competition. To stab someone that’s personal! This man and woman didn’t get anything out of the deal.

• Joyce says:

I feel the boyfriend and his mother planned this his actions are very transparent that was his alibi I think the mom and someone else did the killing she wore a wig uncanny resemblance in the sketch

26. asewalson says:

I don’t understand why the police aren’t seeking the help of outside investigators. How frustrating for the family 😦

• Miranda says:

I think they should get cold justice to help. To they have solved cases over 20 years old.this case should be solved by now to me it’s clearly laid out.her boyfriend and his mom should have been arrested . something about this just makes my heart so heavy.

27. Not the one your looking for!! says:

I really hope it wasn’t a trill kill, that’s just sick!! How could anyone wanna kill someone for a thrill

28. Michelle says:

I just watched the Dateline interview and here’s a thought. Why don’t the police try to find the owner of the dress!?? The witness said she noticed the dress and the lady wearing it with short blond hair. Then show the witness all the dee’s and see if she recognizes anyone . It’s been 10 years and my heart goes out to Lindsay’s family and friends. My prayers are with them that the bastards are finally caught!

• Susi says:

They said she probably wore that dress to distract from noticing more important facts.
      It’s an unusual pattern. How many were made in the world? Maybe could be painstaking but I would hunt it down who bought it.
      It is puzzling why someone who was suppose to be there at the house to protect his girlfriend, then was late plus park his car away from house . I never found out if neighbors had security cameras. Someone in the neighorhood should had one .

29. Julie says:

One other theory… and I really hope it isn’t this because that would make it that much more difficult to solve… I’ve seen and read about sick or twisted individuals who would get a thrill from planning and committing the perfect murder. In order to do that, they would have to have no actual connection to the victim. The only motive would be the thrill of it. (wasn’t there a movie about two guys who met on a train and each was going to kill the other’s wife because they’d never be tied to it due to absolutely no connection?) I hope this isn’t the case but it could be. All of the comments on here who think it was the boyfriend… don’t forget there is footage of him somewhere else at the time of the killing.

Again, I am so sorry for the family. My only daughter is close to the age Lindsay was and I cannot even begin to imagine the depth of your pain!

• Amber says:

That’s true that they do have footage of his whereabouts before leading up to him arriving at the house.. BUT that doesn’t mean, he wasn’t connected to it, in any other type of way.. we know he didn’t do it, but he could’ve very well had someone else to do it!

• CHARLES F. MOORE says:

Why target her then? In that case it would probably be somebody upset about the Housing Crisis who targeted a Real Estate Agent.

• Darlene says:

Julie, I’ve thought about the theory of a couple who are sexual sadists. When all the ‘normal’ suspects don’t pan out you have to consider that evil exists, and in the past there have been twisted couples who kill. Have similar crimes ever been looked at? At this point you have to look at all potentials

30. Julie says:

I also just watched the Dateline. I’m sure this is far fetched, but did anyone ever look into the then-girlfriend (now wife) of Lindsay’s ex? If she sensed there were unresolved feelings there’s a motive. Just a thought… My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

• Sherry Ann says:

I agree with you. There is a motive of jealousy in the boyfriends fear of losing her. She went to her father prior to her demise and said that she was confused and had feelings for her ex still. Her current boyfriend at the time Jason Zailo doesn’t seem to me that he was there to help her. He failed her. I am just going on my own instincts, I have nothing but sorrow for all of her loved ones. I pray they get the killers and planners like that Ziggy slime ball friend of the Zailo family, may they rot in hell after dying slow and agonizingly.

• Kimberly says:

Thank you.. I was thinking I was the only one to think this.

• Eve says:

What about her boyfriends cell phone records leading up to the murder?and his mother’s too!

31. John Dozier says:

I just watched the Dateline episode about this unsolved murder. I hope everyone is praying as I am that police solve this and get justice for her and her family and friends. I can not imagine how difficult it must be for them to have waited over 10 years now with nobody held accountable. God please help those investigating solve this.