PIG TAILS

“Scroll down to COMMENTS button and click on it to post or view posts, comments, and opinions”

This site has been created for the sole purpose of sharing information to help SOLVE THE HEINOUS MURDER of LINDSAY BUZIAK of Victoria B.C. Canada.  Lindsay Buziak was a beautiful hardworking 24 year old woman who was viciously murdered in the Victoria suburb of Saanich at 1702 De Sousa Place on February 2, 2008.  She was stabbed to death at 5:38 – 5:41 p.m. while performing her duty as a ReMax Camosun Realtor of showing a vacant home For Sale to a couple.  Her killers and planners are still free.  Her murder remains unsolved by Saanich Police lead by Det. Chris Horsley.  If you have any information which could lead to the arrest of the people involved in Lindsay’s murder please contact the Saanich Police: Tips@saanichpolice.ca or Lindsay’s father Jeff Buziak: jeffbuziak@hotmail.com  There is a reward being offered.

This site is for the exclusive use of serious individuals wanting to make posts and share their information and personal thoughts that pertain to Lindsay’s murder.  We are grateful for your support.  Justice must be imposed on those individuals involved in this horrible act.  As Facebook has closed down discussion boards this is where our quest will continue for the truth and facts pertaining to her mysterious execution style murder.  Information on this site is from personal opinions and cannot be guaranteed or warranted by this site or its administrators in any way.

DREAMHOUSE MYSTERY AIRED ON NBC DATELINE

PHOTO’S

1. So Sam since they didn’t take her car how did they get away from the scene? Did they hitchhike or bus it? Yes there are many possibilities but they need to fit with what we have to work with right now. We know they didn’t take her car so why even go there? I don’t see the logic behind that.

Heres another possibility, what if Lindsay got a flat tire on the way to the house, and she was an hour late? If this happened there would have been no witnesses to see Lindsay greeting the mystery couple because they were there at 5:30 and maybe the couple would have left and Lindsay wouldn’t have been murdered.

2. samspade90 says:

Poker has been described as a game of Incomplete Information. Much like our part of this investigation and discussions. Until we find out what the 911 tapes reveal, what Cohen’s statements reveal, and any other hold back information, we will be and are basically at a standstill. That is why I try to think about other possibilities. For example, what if part of the hold back info is that the house key and Lindsay’s car keys were taken.?? That would seem to indicate that once Lindsay was dead, the killers planned on locking the house up and taking her car. That would mean there was probably no getaway driver. You can read whatever you like into this scenario.
    Until we get Complete Information, there can be multiple possible solutions to this puzzle.

3. I thought one of those real estate deals closed the week before Lindsay was murdered? I’m confused.

4. Joanna Mills says:

During a press conference held on June 29/2010 it was said that Jason was going to 1702 De Sousa Place because he had legal documents for Lindsay to sign. The reason he was going to SHC was to deliver documents. What documents, and why could they not have been signed at Sauce during their lunch. If he did not have the documents for her to sign at Sauce, we have to assume the documents for her to sign were being picked up at SHC, and were likely connected to two real estate deals going on that week. Both were connected to the Semren’s and SHC Autographx. Yet they do not use the term real estate documents in this press conference.Jason would have seen Lindsay at home that night so why the urgency to go straight to De Sousa Place for Lindsay to sign documents. This entire timeline and plot are so obvious it is ridiculous.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrkDGcjb59M

5. I have never thought Jason had the time to murder Lindsay but he was involved up to his scrawny little neck.

• dawndejager says:

With the revised timeline showing the bill being paid at Sauce at 4:24 I agree that JZ would not have had the time to do it.

6. As Lindsay and Jason left Sauce around 4:25 p.m. we know that Jason could not have committed this murder himself. That does not change the fact that he (alledgedly) played a major role in the planning of Lindsay’s murder. It does not take away from every move he made that night. From the late lunch at Sauce, taking a witness (alibi) to the scene of the crime with him, conveniently having to stop at SHC to deliver documents, making sure to be seen on the security cameras prior to leaving SHC, the need to text Lindsay at 5:39 to say I am on my way, and the questionable text he claims to have made while parked on Torquay. No matter how you look at it Jason is right smack in the middle of the whole plot. Either he is a major player in this scheme, or he just followed orders, or he was set up brilliantly by a higher power that be to send a message to him and his family. Pick your poison, he is still in the middle of it all.

7. I am still thinking about the two posts Frank Columbo made a few days ago. I ask myself why, after months of being so supportive on the Findem site, did he come on this forum and go on the attack. It’s almost like it was his last hooray and he wanted us all to know how he really felt. I thought that maybe he was having a bad day and would come back and explain. That was an out and out attack on women, and the inappropriate language and remarks were uncalled for. I was waiting to see if the administrator of this site would delete the post. But here we are and it is still on.

This tells me that this sit is allowing for freedom of speech, accepting that veryone is entitled to their opinion and all opinions are welcome and respected. I am not sure if Frank was attacking any one person directly or his attack was about women in general. Maybe he’s be back, but I suspect he was making that stand up speech knowing it was his final hooray. It won’t be the same without him around but we will move forward, stay focused, positive and whatever else it takes. There are so many diversified opinions and I enjoy reading them all and trying to understand what each person is saying.

8. samspade90 says:

Truthseeker, I think that Justice behaves the way he does because he has told us to focus on the facts of what Jason’s actions were and the way he behaved. He says that everything keeps coming back to Jason. When a Jury goes to deliberations, they are told to ” consider only the facts and evidence that have been presented.” Justice is at the stage where he is putting Jason on trial before he has been arrested. He comes across as a Jury Foreman trying to sway you to vote his way and come up with a Guilty verdict. Since this case is still in the Investigative stage, that is where different POSSIBILITIES have to be examined. Justice seems to think that the definition of Possibilities is ” making things up ” or ” conjuring.”
    Let’s look at the OJ Simpson case. OJ went to Nicole’s to kill her. He could not have known that Ron Goldman was going to Nicole’s to take her Mother’s eyeglasses to her. Ron Goldman was very unlucky to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. OJ did not plan for him to be there, but sometimes plans don’t go as predicted. All I have ever been saying is that the killers may have wanted Lindsay there alone so they could kill her without complications. They may not have thought Lindsay would get suspicious and ask Jason to go with her. It’s possible Jason was not involved and he was thrust into the situation, much like Ron Goldman. OJ got unlucky that his plan got screwed up. Lindsay’s killers could have gotten very lucky with Jason behaving the way he did and allowing them to get away. I am not trying to convince anyone that Jason is innocent. Everything he did and the way he behaved does certainly make him look guilty. We must accept the possibility that Jason is not involved even if his actions say different.

9. Joanna Mills says:

Yes, the last text he sent her asking if she was okay was the catalyst that sparked his wacked out fear and panic. And I agree, why would he do a 180 like that. Did he know what he was walking into, or was he genuinely concerned. Had he been genuinely concerned he would have accompanied Lindsay to the showing at 1702 De Sousa place, and Lindsay could have introduced Jason as her partner. That would have looked very natural to the couple if they had been legitimate buyers. In fact, they may have been impressed that they had two realtors looking out for their interest rather than just one. That last text message is highly suspicious and concerning.

• Joanna Mills says:

Truthseeker,

I think you are referring to Dets. Rob McColl & Chris Horsley that appeared on the Dateline Show. Yes, Detective Chris Horsley clearly stated on the show that the final text to Lindsay was at 5:38 p.m., yet Jason says he text messaged Lindsay while sitting on Torquay ”are you okay”. That would make his last text closer to 6:00 p.m. And that text if it was made, Lindsay did not respond to.

Jason lied on Dateline saying there were no problems in his relationship with Lindsay. His mother lied when she said Lindsay told her she was afraid of Matt McDuff. So we shouldn’t be surprised if Jason lied about the last text message he sent while parked on Torquay. And in support of Chris Horsley’s statement, if they knew about the text Jason made from Torquay, maybe they had a reason for not mentioning it. We can’t be privy to everything that goes on in this investigation, we can only hope that the Saanich Police are pulling out all the stops to solve this crime. And I believe they are.

• He sent that text at 6:05 pm because he knew it would go unanswered. It was his excuse to find the door locked and call 911.

10. I picked up on the investigator saying the second to last text message to Lindsay as his last text to her. I also heard Josh with Dateline make the same reference. but then they go on to mention there was another text from him to her “are you okay?” which was technically the last text, so there’s a contradiction there. do you have a theory on what’s up with this? I cannot come up with anything that makes any sense for them to do deliberately refer to the 2nd to last text as his last.
    Again, i hate to be so negative towards these two investigators but I think he got confused and screwed up by accident calling it the last text. And then I think that Josh repeated what he had heard from the investigator without giving it much thought. I am surprised it wasn’t caught in editing and maybe it was and didn’t worry with fixing it for whatever reason.

The last text he sent asking if shes okay and then no response was the catalyst that sparked his wacked out fear and panic, but still makes no real sense that he would do a 180 like that…..unless he knew what he was walking into which he did.

11. Sure the other people involved beside these 3 people you call the “planners” likely researched the house information and not the killers themselves, but what’s your point? I’m not denying other people aren’t involved just because I say the killers likely did something instead of the planners, as they are one of the same in my book from a guilty perspective. I think you and I are really on the same page here unless you thought I didn’t think there could be other people involved beside Jason and killers? I won’t be surprised at all if there are several other people that played recliner quarterback to this plot. It was researched by SOMEONE involved in the murder. Construction of this home was completed in 2007 and listed with a different real estate firm until switching to Remax around approx Jan 7, 2008. This home had never been lived in…it was brand new and that was another characteristic they mentioned they wanted “NEW”.

I never read that anyone had asked if the killers mentioned Lindsay showing them that particular house to her. I was only explaining why that scenario wouldn’t make sense if someone was wondering about that, which also supports someone involved blindly leading Lindsay to show them that particular house. Yes I think it seems pretty obvious why the couple wouldn’t be suggesting homes to her to see, but this board gets some strange posts and theories that make no sense whatsoever. So I figured it was a matter of time before some asked so I was trying to nip that question in the bud to honest.

I don’t think its know for a fact that someone at her Remax office suggested the De Sousa house to her to show, but I highly doubt it. She had less than 2 days to get showing scheduled for this couple and its way faster for her to pull Remax’s realtor’s list of homes for sale and see what she could match up, then ask around. I mean possible but not that relevant I don’t think.
    Also, I know there was one house next door under construction because the owner of this house was interviewed in the following article but she goes on to say “There’s nobody living in any of those houses,” Suzette Linger said. “They’re all new houses not lived in yet. They’re all for sale. And our house is under construction right next door to it. We have no idea what’s going on.”
    Article found at http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=72ccee53-11ff-4b35-aba6-4c9723322a28.
    From that not that it matters that much, I would assume there were more vacant homes like this one in the neighborhood. Vacant and up for sale OR still under construction homes in this neighborhood doesn’t matter as my point was that it would have been a quieter than normal neighborhood having a string of houses down from it unoccupied for what ever the reason.

I have not seen anywhere that states JZ said she was NOT apprehensive about meeting this couple. I can’t find where he really supports that she is or isn’t but I have to assume from everything I’ve seen/heard, he has admitted she was. if he said she wasn’t, then that would make him look pretty damn suspicious just as him saying there was no truth to her leaving him.
    If you have something that on him stating this, please let me know where to go to read it.

Also in the newspaper article above which was released 3 days after murder there is reference to Brajcich saying the 911 call is extremely important to the case but then within days reports come out that with the details of jason making the 911 calls ,etc and nothing more is really said about them as being significant. I haven’t seen anything lately so my question is am I missing a new information that’s been released in reference to the 911 call or is this old info from right after the murder.

I just want to know what kind of papers they were. Maybe you’re right that it doesn’t matter. If that’s the case I wonder if that information would be released to the public upon request by the police department. Maybe they didn’t purposely leave it out in reports to the public, maybe it was because it was insignficant. If this is the case, they should be able to say what they were ingeneral.

12. LINDSAY BUZIAK MURDER TIMELINE: REVISED
    Timeline of Lindsay’s murder as per Dateline, Inspector Rob McColl and Detective-Sgt. Chris Horsley. The bulk of the clues came from Jason Zailo himself.
    Jason and Lindsay went to Sauce for a late lunch. Lindsay and Jason paid the bill at Sauce at 4:24 pm. Their server knew Lindsay well.

Jason then went to SHC and Lindsay is believed to have gone home to change her clothes.

Joe DeSousa left the site at approx. 4:30 pm. Other workers left the area at around 5:00 pm.

2 witnesses saw the suspect couple walk into the cul de sac at approximately 5:30 pm. The witnesses saw Lindsay greeting the couple by the back of her car in the driveway as shown on crimestoppers. There were papers on the trunk of Lindsay’s car. The real estate lockbox was accessed at 5:29 pm.

While Lindsay was meeting the couple the surveillance camera at SHC caught Jason and CO getting into Jason’s RR at 5:30 pm and heading to the house. While driving Jason called Lindsay and said “I’ll come meet you and I’ll be 10 – 15 minutes or so” and that’s when Lindsay said to Jason…. “okay I’ll see you in abit I gotta go the Mexicans are here”. Apparently this was Lindsay’s short hand name for her clients.

5:38 pm Jason sends Lindsay a text “just a couple of minutes away.” That text was never opened by Lindsay. According to Detective Sgt. Horsley: “the last text Jason said was I’m just a couple of minutes away”. That text was never opened by Lindsay. Dateline said this was Jason’s final text. (how could this be Jason’s final text when Jason stated on Dateline that when he was parked on Torquay he sent Lindsay a text that said “are you okay”…Jason received no response. So which text was the last one……..the one at 5:38 pm as per Det-Sgt. Horsley on Dateline or the text Jason said he sent to Lindsay just prior to his call to 911 at 6:05 pm? It sounds like Horsley and Dateline support the 5:38 pm text as being the final one.)

5:38 pm to 5:41 pm police believe this is when Lindsay was murdered.

5:41 pm Lindsay’s blackberry made a phone call out and the SP believe that was the direct result of the attack. It was truly a pocket dial call as her BB was in her pocket.

When Jason and CO drove into the cul de sac at approx. 5:45 pm Jason and CO saw two figures through the glass portion of the front door as stated on Dateline. Jason parked his Range Rover in the DeSousa cul de sac for approx. 10 minutes facing away from the house. He turned around in the cul de sac and turned right onto Torquay and sat there for approx. another 10 minutes. Jason sent Lindsay a text message “are you okay” and it was not answered. Both CO and Jason walked up to the front door and found it locked. Jason called 911(approx. 6:05 pm). They both went around to the Torquay side of the house and CO gained entry via the already open patio doors by Jason boosting CO over the patio fence who then opened the front door allowing Jason entry.

When they found Lindsay’s body CO called 911(6:11 pm) and while on the phone CO could hear sirens coming. The police were there within minutes because they were already enroute after Jason made the first 911 call.

When police arrived Jason and CO were waving their arms in the upstairs bedroom window. The police went into the home up to the bedroom and immediately took both Jason and CO to the police station separately

The cell phone that the couple used to contact Lindsay was purchased 3-6 weeks before the murder at a Vancouver convenience store. It was activated via the internet less than 48 hours before Lindsay’s murder. Vancouver is from where the first calls to Lindsay were made, confirmed by hits on cell towers in the city. Police said at least half dozen calls were made to Lindsay and after her murder the cell phone was never used again. They believed the killer(s) knew how to carry out the murder and then cover their tracks.
    The expert’s all agreed a significant degree of planning went into this murder. They explored the theory that professionals were hired with specific instructions to express the anger that someone else felt towards Lindsay. The retired Homicide Detective believed the killer(s) were told to make her suffer and make it brutal.
    The experts agreed the murder was personal and that somebody close to Lindsay planned it and hired the killer(s). They all agreed it was very well planned but the killer(s) were not necessarily professional. The couple probably had a history of violent crimes. They said this murder was artfully designed.

Inspector McColl Feb 2, 2011:
    “Having had this on our plate (at the time of the broadcast) for more than two years, we had plenty of time to develop theories, look at them closely and think outside of the box,” McColl said, noting that police AGREE with the Dateline investigators’ conclusion that Buziak was an innocent party, and her murder was a TARGETED hit arranged by someone CLOSE to her.
    Saanich police have narrowed down the investigation to “three or four” working theories.

Brajcich:
    Police say 911 call a clue to Victoria real estate agent’s death

Brajcich said Buziak had an appointment to show the house where her body was found, and investigators are focusing on one major clue — the 911 call in which the caller asked police to check on the house.

“The 911 call is a very important part of our investigation right now and we are not going to release the information about the 911 call,” Brajcich said.

• dawndejager says:

I didn’t realize that CO was seen getting into JZ’s RR and leaving SHC with JZ. That’s odd. What was he doing there? What about his vehicle? Did he leave it at SHC and pick it up after the murder? If so, how did he do that? I’m starting to think CO is more than an innocent person dragged in to provide an alibi.

13. Truth I am glad you are onboard with the theory Jason was involved because to me it’s been so obvious he is 100 per cent involved and played his role perfectly. He should have won an oscar for his performance. Everything you have mentioned in your post has all been said in the timeline. You are basically repeating the posted timeline verbatim.

What Jason did, how he looked up at the SHC camera at 5:30 pm. (his excuse for going around to the passenger side and opening the door was because he was putting papers in the RR) that was the dumbest move he made because it was so OBVIOUS why he looked up to the camera…I had to laugh at that one. What he said on the phone to Lindsay, etc. As for that 2-3 hour time gap I have no idea who came to that conclusion but it is wrong and was not included in the timeline. The timeline was based on what was said by Josh, Chris Horsley, Jason Zailo and Inspector McColl. As stated on the timeline “the bulk of the clues came directly from Jason Zailo himself”. So everything you are saying has been said many times over. From the sounds of your post it sounds like you have read the timeline and are repeating verbatim what has been said in that timeline except for a few minor details.

As I said in my earlier post I do not believe the couple referenced a previous buyer of Lindsay’s. In my view it would be too risky. All they had to do was say they have some friends in the area that had mentioned they heard through the grapevine she was a great realtor or something. However a reliable source told me a past client was referenced and Lindsay called that client to confirm the name of the referral client the couple referenced.

The house at 1702 DeSousa Place had actually been on the market 6 months prior to Lindsay’s death. I believe it was listed with another real estate company and then relisted with Remax shortly before Lindsay’s murder.

I don’t agree with your theory that the killer(s) researched homes with specific characteristics that fit their needs. We know why 1702 DeSousa was chosen as the kill house. The killers had no need to research any homes, the info was given to them by the planners. When the couple called Lindsay they knew exactly what type of home they were going to ask for and they knew Lindsay would recommend 1702 DeSousa Place because it met all their needs.

The couple did not suggest the house Lindsay suggested it to them. It has even been said that perhaps someone inside the Remax Office suggested the house to Lindsay. I’m not quite following what you are saying because this has already been said 10 fold.

Yes it has been said on Dateline and on the news the couple wanted a ready to move in house. There were no other vacant homes around the area at 1702 DeSousa Place. Most were still under construction. Lindsay did have a list of at least 4 to 5 other homes she was going to show the couple but we all know Lindsay would not be making it out of that house alive. 1702 DeSousa was the couples FIRST choice to view.

As for the papers Jason was dropping off we don’t know what they were we can only assume. Lindsay and Jason could have been working on a personal deal. They did not say on Dateline that the papers Jason was dropping off had to be signed. He was simply dropping them off.

I think it’s irrelevant at this point what the papers were, they were obvioulsy legit. The story of the papers was just used to enable Jason to have a reason to stop by the house and find her body. Mission accomplished. We already know Jason was intentionally late. We know if Jason was in that house Lindsay would not have been murdered. There was no plan whatsoever for Jason to enter that house while the couple was in there.

If you read the timeline again you will see this whole scenario has been written out and posted on the forum. Jason called her at approx. 5:30 and the killers were already with Lindsay.

Mistake number one was Jason sending that text at 6:05 “are you okay” IMO. It coincides with the first 911 call that is a big part of their investigation. This message that Jason sent was not acknowledged by Horsley as being Jason’s final text message. The message Jason sent at 5:38 pm was said by Horsley to be Jason’s final text message. I believe this was a code to start the attack.

Mistake number two was calling Lindsay when he left SHC to say “I will meet you in 10-15 minutes or so” and then he follows it up with a text 8 minutes later “just a couple of minutes away”. No need to do any of that. According to Jason Lindsay was not apprehensive so he just acted like she was apprehensive by calling her and texting her within minutes. Those calls and texts were simply codes to the killers IMO.

Lindsay and Jason paid their bill at Sauce at 4:24 pm. The server knew Lindsay well. Jason went directly to SHC and it is believed Lindsay went to the condo to change.

So Jason could have told Lindsay at Sauce, I’m going to go to SCH and I will meet you later at the house around 5:30.

I will be updating the timeline to reflect changes and new information.

14. This also explains something I brought up in my first post here……the significance of the odd text he sent to her that said “just a few minutes away” which was within minutes after they had spoken where I believe he told her he was running little late but on his way. This text makes no sense whatsoever. i don’t think it was code or anything more than him was just playing his role as the good but tardy boyfriend reassuring her he would be there soon whether she got it or not didn’t matter. That wasn’t the point as he knew the murder could be about to take place, was taking place or even could have already taken place yet. This text was a mistake for him to send because it doesn’t fit. Bet this is one he wishes he could undo.

As of right now, out of all the facts known, IMO the two biggest mistakes Jason made were t\he following b/c the odds of one happening is extremely remote and the other makes no sense no matter what:

*The door being randomly left unlocked inside the fenced patio area he had to boost his friend into
    *Jason’s extreme panicked state from the end of his wait in the car to finding her upstairs

It does give me sense of comfort knowing he’s had to realize these mistakes by now. There would have to be a sense of overwhelming panic when he realized how foolish this was and had an OMG why did I do that moment. Actually both those moves were dumb dumb dumb. He should have just calmly but maybe with slight concern walked into the house with his friend and find her. That would have been way more believeable than the 180 degree freak-out session he had which is gonna hard to overcome. I gave this guy credit for being smart but he actually must be pretty stupid thinking no one would pick up on this stuff. I HAVE to know what those “papers” were about. If I’m wrong about what them, I still think he’s behind this. What did he tell the police the papers were exactly? I just can’t think of anything that makes any more sense than mortgage app

15. Over the last couple days some of the information/comments posted from different people on this board have made me re-watch the Dateline episode several more times and research more on line:

I’m on the fence that the killers were deliberately trying to make her suspicious with the weird, fake accent. Maybe they were just trying to disguise their voice but either way Lindsay picked up on it. I mean it could have been intentional and if so, their purpose might have been to guarantee she came alone (even though she thought Jason was coming with her). So what if she told her friends and family she had bad feeling about couple….i’m sure she followed with her caring, concerned boyfriend escorting her to showing! Hence, no reason to happen to ask a fellow associate to tag along because Jason’s gonna be there and its actually worked out to benefit him as well (see more on down).

In order to explain why everything happened the way it did, there are keys factors upfront that have to be accepted in JZ’s and killer’s plan/logic. If you don’t, then there becomes a ton of questions. First and foremost, you have to realize that the techinique of deflection was used being Jason Zailo throwing himself front and center into this murder. The plan was for Jason to be the one that found her at the house w/ the tag along friend/witness, calling police, etc. They knew the police would be looking at Jason as the #1 suspect no matter how she was murdered. To be honest, the whole deflection strategy was actually pretty brilliant IF they had played it all the right way. Every thought and move has to be strategized correctly and I will say later the two major mistakes that were made. Someone was smart enough to understand the concept/purpose but weren’t smart enough to make sure it play out exactly the way it should.

There’s been question to the time table starting with Jason and Lindsay’s lunch at Sauce up until Jason finding her at the house. First of all, from everything I’ve found, I feel fairly confident there wasn’t much time between them leaving Sauce and her appointment to show the house at 5:30. IMO assuming they spent approx an hour or so at Sauce, they must have met there some time between 3:30-4pm and left around 5pm. I think if there had been a 2-3 hour gap in between this information would have been provided/mentioned by the police or reported by Dateline because why not? Also during the Dateline episode the interviewer Josh M. explains part of the timeline per the police. Josh’s exact words: “They (police) began by reconstructing the last hours of Lindsay’s life, and the bulk of the clues came from her boyfriend Jason Zailo. He told police that the couple had lunched together at this restaurant (flashing picture of restaurant Sauce), then they split up. Lindsay over to the house she was gonna show those eager buyers. Jason to take a contract to this auto detailing shop before meeting Lindsay at the house to drop off some papers………” He is saying the next step after Sauce is her showing. Unless its actually been reported (can’t find any reports on this) there was a significant gap between the time they meet for lunch (or “lunched” as referenced in episode which has probably caused some confusion to the public as many probably just assume they were at Sauce hours before her 5:30 showing during typical lunch time hours any where from 11am to 2pm) and her showing, I believe they left Sauce around 5pm. Jason had to have enough time to leave Sauce, pick up his friend, drop contract off at detail shop (so convenient being picked up on that survelliance camera right at 5:30pm, even oddly walking around to the passenger side to get picked up – Nice catch Joanna) and then put himself pulling up to the house around 5:45pm.

It is my belief the killers didn’t elaborate and were very vague when they first called Lindsay regarding how they found her as a realtor. They don’t have to say she was recommended from anyone specific…..I don’t think for a second they would reference a previous buyer of Lindsay’s even if knowing names of her past customers which under my theory wouldn’t have been hard for them to find out…Jason could have provided this and added it to the plan but again, this isn’t here nor there IMO b/c there is a slight risk to them in doing that and unnecessary because they knew as soon as they told her they were in the $1MM range and wanted to buy in 2 days, she’s not gonna give it much thought regarding how or why they picked her…..she’s just gonna be excited they did. All they had to do was say they have some friends in the area that had mentioned they heard through the grapevine she was a great realtor or something. Also, this house went on the market in early January, so some time that month before they called her, the killers likely did their research of homes Remax had listed in this area……finding a home with specific characteristics like this one and then gave its specific details to Lindsay and odds are it would likely lead Lindsay to select it for them to see…..unless this area has multiple homes that are vacant, +3 bedrooms/baths with a separate living area priced around $1MM. Doesn’t seem all that likely. Plus they knew this home was right under her nose as it was listed by 2 other realtors at her office, and (how convenient is this) JZ mother’s boyfriend is friends with the home owner! It wouldn’t have made sense for the killers to call Lindsay up and ask her to show them this particular house as she wasn’t the listed realtor. Why not just ask to see a house she was already listing? Well that’s not what most people would do and they probably realized that. If someone is looking for a new home to purchase in that price range, they leave that kind of window shopping up to realtor to do. I know when I have bought homes in the past, I have used different realtors based on recommendations, and I always just told them what I wanted so they would look for me. I mean it could have gone either way, they could have asked her to see one of her homes she listed, but they didn’t and I’m just suggesting a reason why they went the route they did. I’m assuming also that they preferred something vacant for their purpose and this home in particular had other vacant homes around it, so even though there were definitely witnesses that saw the couple meeting her, I’m betting it was a pretty quiet neighborhood with a lower volume of residents than norm.

I believe Jason told Lindsay he would meet her at the house in time for the showing at 530. I think he told her again when they parted ways at Sauce that he would meet her there right at or before 530 when they were scheduled to show up. He probably said he needed to drop off that contract at detail shop and oops just realized he forgot to grab those “papers” he needed to bring so he would have to just meet her at the house which brings me to “dropping off papers”. Jason said he was going to the house to drop off papers but never elaborated on what they were. It is my personal opinion until I hear otherwise that Jason told Lindsay he would bring a MORTGAGE application along with his and his company’s information (aka “papers”) seeing as he’s a mortgage broker! What other papers would he be dropping off particularly during one of her showings?? But this is part of the bs that just helps Jason play Lindsay and gives him an excuse for being late to showing. Jason probably also told Lindsay this would be her excuse to give the couple as to why he is there with her……..He probably played it to her like the most important thing is her safety but the buyers didn’t have to know that, especially if they turned out to be fine and actually not creepy, then she wouldn’t want to appear as the realtor with the hovering boyfriend hanging around for no good reason because that would be weird. I’m sure Jason pointed this out to her too, knowing she doesn’t want anything to jeopardize a sell with such aggressive buyers! but Jason tells her No worries! be there as the mortgage broker to get them the best mortgage rate of anyone in town, application in hand! Probably sounded perfect to Lindsay. bet she expected him to walk through the door any minute before her death. Hell, bet she even told them he was running late but there shortly.

I better be wrong about these “papers” because it throws off his whole story if this was actually a mortgage application that he was giving to the couple. If I’m right, the friend tagging along doesn’t fit nor sitting on his ass in his vehicle for 15-20 mins just waiting. one thing I’m certain, he’s not going to take his buddy to tag along to a legit meeting with a $1MM real estate and mortage deal possibly on the line…….he knows that wouldn’t fly and be totally unprofessional. I bet he called her right before 530 and said he was running late but he would be there in few mins knowing the killers were showing up any minute (as we know they did)

I will follow up later and explain this murder plot’s two major mistakes….

16. Joanna Mills says:

RAT PATROL

JENNIFER MC SPURREN

151904-1 1 02-Aug-2010 CCC – 266 Assault Commit BROWN, BRENT Barry Bruce Victoria BC
    151904-1 2 02-Aug-2010 CCC – 267(a) Assault with a weapon MACSPURREN, JENNIFER Leigh Victoria BC
    155362-1 1 06-Sep-2011 CCC – 264.1(1)(a) Uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm Commit MACSPURREN, JENNIFER Leigh Victoria BC

17. If you think Jason was set up how was he set up? I would think the planners wouldn’t want Jason to have an airtight alibi and would want him to be charged with Lindsay’s murder if he was set up.

18. Joanna Mills says:

Exactly, why did he feel the need to text her “I am a couple of minutes away”, when he had already called her to say I’ll come meet you in 10-15 minutes. He told the police he was going to meet Lindsay to deliver documents, so why all this preamble that was hardly necessary. It was all part of the artfully designed evening murder for hire, with Jason smack in the driver’s seat. (Range Rover) I am open to the theory of someone setting Jason up, but please explain the goings on that were taking place that evening. Too many dances, too many texts, too many calls. And that one call to Mommy Shirley before Jason even entered the home is highly suspect.

• Apparently he called Mommy Dearest to see if she knew the cell number of Nancy or Lauri who would in turn know the garage door code. Jason’s plan was to gain entry via the garage. (If he gained access via the garage how would he know the door leading into the house would be unlocked?) I think the real reason he called Mommy Dearest was because it was time for her to call in Mr. Hickford to meet Jason at the station where he knew he would be going!

19. samspade90 says:

If there were bloody footprints leading out of the house, can we assume they ignored the little sign asking them to remove their shoes?? If they did remove their shoes, they should have had blood on their stocking feet, but would have then put their shoes back on at the entrance way and should not have left bloody footprints leading out of the house. If there were 2 sets of bloody footprints, that should mean the woman was close enough to step in the blood. If I were the woman, I would have left the room immediately after the first stab and probably wouldn’t have stepped in any blood. She would have to be even more coldhearted to watch and help in the murder, rather than just be a lurer.

• Joanna Mills says:

When the couple entered the home one of them may have said to Lindsay, “do you want us to take off our shoes or can we leave them on”. Lindsay may have said, ”leave them on, it is not raining, your shoes are not wet” If it had been pouring rain that night the scenario would have played out differently. The couple would not have even asked the question but automatically removed their shoes. Was part of the artfully designed plan to have a clear night with no rain?

• Apparently the bloody footprints were bloody sock foot prints. There were bloody foot prints leading down the stairs.(not a lot) It was the theory that when Jason and CO arrived on scene the couple were retrieving their shoes. I have no idea how many sets of foot prints were found. It seems to me they didn’t care about leaving any footprints behind otherwise the woman could have gone downstairs and retrieved the mans shoes so he wouldn’t have to walk downstairs with blood soaked socks. Or if he did leave some bloody shoe prints behind it is likely not going to be the correct size of shoe the man wore. They were very careful not to leave fingerprints, DNA, etc behind so why be stupid enough to leave your foot prints behind?

20. Andreas Faulte says:

“I’ll be there in 2 minutes”!

That sounds like an alibi marker to me, along with the live one in the front seat with him. It’s patently overkill verbosity, verbal theatre to have on record, especially when the supposed urgency fizzed when they got there.

• Joanna Mills says:

Why is it that some of us know about Jason first parking his vehicle “in the cul-de-sac” facing away from the house. Cohen is in the passenger’s seat and does not have the same view of the front door as Jason. And do we think that was not pre-planned. Ten minutes sitting in that position before he ever moved his vehicle onto Torquay to sit for another ten minutes. Why was this information never told on the Dateline Show? Inquiring minds want to know. A marker, a live one in the front seat, verbal chat in the vehicle with no witnesses to substantiate the conversation between Jason & Cohen. Therefore at trial, it will be he said, he said. Who are you going to believe Cohen or Jason. Oh, let me think on that! It really doesn’t matter, it will be heresay evidence.

• Both Jason and Co saw the figures via the glass portion of the front door as they drove into the cul de sac. Jason parked his RR facing away from the house. At this point it would not have mattered if CO no longer had a view of the front door because the killer(s) left through the back. Jason parked the RR facing away from the house so he could watch through his rear view mirror what was going on down the street.(IMO) We know the killer(s) were picked up by a vehicle so Jason would have been able to see that via his rear view mirror. Once he saw them safely leave the area he moved his RR over to Torquay and parked there for another 10 minutes. I’m still trying to figure that one out though. Why the need to park on Torquay, why not just stay in the cul de sac?

• The other thought I had was the possibility that when the killers left via the back patio doors Jason had to move his vehicle to Torquay because the killers escaped by walking up via the side of the house and back into the cul de sac.

Jason initially parked facing away from the house so he would be able to see the getaway vehicle approach via his rear view mirror and this was the code to move his RR over to Torquay so the killers could escape by walking out from the side of the house and running across DeSousa to get into the awaiting getaway vehicle.

There has to be two reasons why he moved his RR.

• The funny thing is there was no reason for Jason to text her “I’m a couple of minutes away” when he just called her to say “I’ll come meet you in 10-15 minutes. Why did he call her the first time but send her a text the second time? Why would Jason feel the need to even send Lindsay a text “I’m a couple minutes away” considering he said Lindsay was not apprehensive about the showing. Sending that message would make one think he was trying to make her comfortable in that he would be arriving any minute. Why was that text message not considered to be Jason’s final text message as per Dateline?